The world loves Postgres. If you work with developers or data scientists or anyone wrangling data, youll probably see a sticker with the tusks and trunk of the Postgres elephant on the lid of a nearby laptop. EDB has a lot to do with that.
Weve been major contributors to Postgres since the beginning, and we are proud to call thousands of boundary pushing customers our partners. Proud though we are, we are not resting on our laurels. Theres plenty of work to do. The good news is that everything we do will impact Postgres, which is to say that it will impact the world. No pressure.
Candidate note: We're open to candidates based near our Bedford, MA office or working remotely in the US.
EDB is looking for an experienced Security and Compliance Principal Architect to help define our security and compliance development policies, assist the development teams in interpretation and accurate implementation of various controls, and help mediate between EDB and various 3rd Party auditors.
- Help define company security and compliance policies in accordance with industry certification standards
- Be the technical leader in driving the interpretation and implementation of company security and compliance policies in accordance with industry certification standards
- Be the technical representative interfacing with 3rd Party auditors during the course of a given audit, responding to and addressing discrepancies in evidence, and/or negotiating proper remediations
- Collaborate effectively with engineering leadership, product management, and executive management to ensure proper attention and prioritization of our security and compliance initiatives
- Spearhead initiatives to scale our security and compliance programs through tooling and automation
- Provide technical leadership to a small team of technical specialists and designees from the engineering teams to implement security and compliance controls, tooling, and automation
- 10+ years of software development experience
- 5+ years of software development experience with a focus on product security
- 3+ years experience engaged with various compliance audits
Nice to Have
- Solid understanding of Database technologies and development
- Experience in providing Database as a Service in public Cloud environments
- Involvement in OSS communities (not just Postgres, though thats a double plus!)
We know it takes a unique mix of people and skills to help us in our mission to supercharge Postgres, and we understand that not everyone will check every box. Wed love to hear from you and we want you to apply!
EDB is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. EDB was built on a commitment to trust and respect each other and to embrace an array of people and ideas. These values remain at the center of our culture and are key to our companys integrity.