Have you ever been online trying to pay a bill, and thought to yourself: why are you making it so hard for me to give you my money? Thats the problem we solve for mid-market organizations across multiple verticalsprimarily utilities, local government, insurance, and consumer finance organizations.
Invoice Clouds SaaS customer engagement, e-billing, and payment platform helps accelerate collections, improve security, reduce costs, and enhance the customer experience.
As a company that values diversity, equity, and inclusion, Invoice Cloud seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this position. Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are diverse, so were building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups we are building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
The Platform Automation team at Invoice Cloud designs, builds, and operates the end-to-end automated software delivery platform with core focus on automated test, build and release pipelines and Agile/DevOps coaching. The platform teams mission is to enable and empower a growing software product engineering organization to plan, code, build, test, release, and monitor applications that leverage cloud-native technologies in a highly scalable, reliable, predictable, and secure manner. These applications support our industry-leading SaaS customer engagement, e-billing, and payment platform used by thousands of businesses and millions of customers
The Scrum Master will provide key leadership role to facilitate the removal of impediments and help the Software Engineering team meet commitments to the ongoing development, support, and innovation of the foundational software platform. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who has a passion for servant leadership, agile principles, and values, and keen to solve business problems. We are looking for a strong communicator with deep understanding of agile project management principles, to drive lean, agile and product-based engineering mindset and facilitate empowerment of self-organizing teams.
This is a remote opportunity with preference for candidates to be based out of Texas, Virginia, Utah, or Massachusetts.
First 30 days
- Understand basic role and functionality of our key products - Biller Portal, Customer Portal, CRM.
- Understand existing product management and engineering processes around product backlog, prioritization, development, testing and DevOps.
- Establish relationships with key personnel in product engineering teams.
First 90 days
- Active participation in agile transformation initiatives.
- Play scrum master role in one full stack agile team.
- Take ownership of mapping current value stream and identify initial areas of improvement to accelerate maturity in our SDLC.
- Identify and establish product delivery metrics.
The Scrum Master will have a broad set of responsibilities including the following:
- Coach and evangelize agile principles, best practices, and lean mindset within the engineering teams.
- Ensure team is flexible and adaptable to change, organized to meet commitments, proactive with escalations, trusting to share fearless feedback and show grit in this continuous learning and improvement journey.
- Organize and facilitate agreed upon team events like daily standups, retrospectives, planning, grooming etc.
- Facilitate periodic retrospectives with actionable feedback and distribute knowledge.
- Play active role in continuous improvement of our lean product development and delivery processes. Track, measure, and report progress.
- Partner with tech leads, designers, and product managers to plan, scope, measure, and iteratively deliver innovative experiences to our payers and billers. Align business outcomes to delivery.
- Effectively provide transparency on teams progress and productivity.
- Help lead large projects from idea to execution.
- Ensure application releases occur regularly, timely and with high quality.
- Build trusting relationships and collaborate within and across all internal teams.
- Encourage a highly communicative culture that ensures open, transparent, and consistent exchange with key stakeholders.
- Coach, mentor and help peers.
- Attention to detail
- Problem solver
Who We Seek:
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in any of enterprise software engineering or product management disciplines.
- 3+ years of strong experience in adopting lean, agile software delivery practices like Scrum, Kanban etc.
- Prior experience as Scrum Master or Product Owner is strongly desired.
- Knowledge of the full software development life cycle, including product management, agile planning, coding, test-driven development (unit and integration testing), continuous integration, build and release processes, continuous deployment, and test suite development and maintenance.
- Experience working in highly regulated, security-focused environments (familiar with controls and processes around HIPAA, PCI, SOC 2 or similar frameworks).
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills with business stakeholders and engineering teams, solving complex system problems together.
- Familiar with SaaS based responsive, modern web applications and APIs (Soap, Rest etc.)
- Familiar with Microsoft Azure or similar cloud technology vendors
- Collaborate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Self-led, capable of working with little direction.
- Skilled communicator with a collaborative spirit.
Invoice Cloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Invoice Cloud provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected].
About Invoice Cloud:
Our mission is to bring the Fortune 100 e-payment experience to organizations who dont have the time/energy/resources to build it themselves. The platform has been designed in a way that consistently yields more online payments and paperless enrollments -- driving the positive business outcomes our clients want. Invoice Clouds 25% YoY same store sales growth is a testament to how effective the service is.
Invoice Cloud was #902 on the 2018 Inc 5000 list, with a 3-year growth of 550% and named the 3rd fastest growing company in Boston by the Boston Business Journal.
To all recruitment agencies: Invoice Cloud does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees, or any other organization location. Invoice Cloud is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.