Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. Were taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that well deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
As a Salesforce Lead Developer you will design and build at-scale Apex, Lightning Web Component, and Integrations on Toast's Salesforce platform. You would be responsible for the success and impact of a development team and improving that team over time. You will be guiding the team as they work closely with integration engineers and solution architects to improve and optimize the functionality of various business processes and high value company initiatives Toast Business Systems ecosystem.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Build Salesforce applications/frameworks using Apex and Lightning Component Framework (Aura and LWC) and leverage the full capabilities of the Salesforce platform to support the company's programs
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to the team on how to build salesforce solutions that solve current needs while being flexible to future changes.
- Be a force multiplier for the individuals on your team
- Develop custom applications using Salesforce.com and integrating Salesforce.com with other external platforms using REST/SOAP, Push Topics, Platform events and Salesforce Connect
- Apply best practices and design patterns of best-of-breed applications developed on the Salesforce.com platform
- Guide the growth of one to two junior developers on the team, including mentoring, career development, and performance management.
- Document functional and technical requirements for new projects, enhancements to existing solutions and production issues reported by end users
- Work closely with the QA Engineering team to optimize the Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment processes and test automation frameworks for the team.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Deep experience with Salesforce development, integrations and enterprise application architectures within Salesforce (Apex, LWC, LWC, SFDX, Tooling API)
- Advanced knowledge of Apex development and development patterns
- Familiarity with SFDC specific IDE and version control configurations (Github, BitBucket) for Salesforce development (VSCode, Intelli J, SFDX)
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development
- Ability to quickly hop into the Salesforce codebase or meta structure, and find your way around
- Desire to get involved in deciding what gets built to solve challenges for the customer and the company
- Take pride in mentoring and managing other SFDC developers
Bonus ingredients* (Nonessential skills)
- Familiar with Invocable Classes and Variables
- Experience implementing trigger frameworks and DAO patterns
- Knowledge of Salesforce specific CICD applications (AutoRabit, Compado, ANT)
- Familiarity leveraging Heroku, AWS and/or iPaaS for SFDC integrations
*Bread puns encouraged but not required