Amazon delivers over 1.6 million packages a day, all sorted and assembled by "frontline workers" - the folks in warehouses, shipping facilities, and more. But Amazon is not alone - it's one of thousands of e-commerce, industrial, logistics, transportation and warehousing companies that depend on frontline workers for their success.
Demand for these workers is strong - up nearly 40% despite COVID. However, worker turnover is high, expected to be 50% in 2021, which has an adverse effect on employer hiring.
WorkStep is tackling this $100 billion problem, offering the only Enterprise SaaS, data analytics-driven, hiring and retention solution purpose-built for this sector. Workstep helps large enterprises find and hire better, more qualified frontline workers more cost-effectively, while increasing the satisfaction -- and retention -- of existing frontline employees. The result is better candidates less expensively, more satisfied employees, much lower churn, and up to 30% of employee costs saved annually.
WorkStep is growing at well over 100% per year and is profitable, with a customer base that includes 16 of the Fortune 500. The company just raised a $10 million series A led by FirstMark Capital (on top of a $6.7 seed round), and is stepping on the gas big time.
The WorkStep sales team is growing fast, and we’re looking for a Sales Manager to lead our new business sales team for WorkStep’s Hire product. This person will own the quarterly and annual revenue targets, and lead a remote team of Account Executives selling into Enterprise Accounts. The role will report directly into the CRO, and will require strong collaboration with Customer Success, Account Management and Product Marketing.
- Own and hit/exceed quarterly and annual new business sales targets for WorkStep’s Hire product
- Lead a remote team of Account Executives focused primarily on outbound sales to Enterprise Accounts in a land and expand model (1st year sales)
- Recruit and onboard new team members
- Conduct 1:1’s and weekly meetings to maintain high employee engagement, productivity, and performance
- Team motivation, coaching, and career development
- Maintain the Sales Playbook (Hire AEs) and supporting content to ensure all information is organized, current, and easily accessible
- Ownership of current sales tech stack adoption and how the tools can be optimized individually and together to improve performance and simplify process with best practices
- Collaborate with revenue operations and marketing to ensure data and process captured and adopted accurately for tracking, compliance, and reporting
- Ensure AEs are supported with tools, campaigns and campaign lists
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2+ years of experience managing high-performance SaaS sales teams that deliver consistent overachievement
- Experience selling into Enterprise Accounts (> 5,000 employees) and navigating procurement and legal negotiations
- Advanced knowledge of Salesforce, ZoomInfo and Outreach (or equivalent) and other sales tools
- Excellent communication (written/verbal/numeric) and facilitation skills
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic and fast moving environment - previous startup experience preferred
- Great, positive attitude, customer focused, high energy and strong work ethic
- Passion for the WorkStep mission
- Experience selling in the HR Tech industry
- Experience working with (or in) our primary industries: warehousing, trucking, manufacturing and production
- Training in Sales Methodology such as Sandler or ProActive Selling
- Competitive compensation
- Work remotely
- Unlimited PTO
- Top-notch technology
- Quarterly team building on-sites (when safe to resume)
- Workspace stipend
- Competitive company-sponsored health, vision, and dental benefits package
- Opportunity to join a passionate, motivated, and fun team at an early stage to help shape and execute on our mission