ChaosSearch is looking for a world-class technical Sales Engineer to be part of a team that is responsible for the technical sales cycles of ChaosSearch presentations, proof-of-concepts and trials at our customers. The Sales Engineer will work directly with customers, partners, sales and the engineering and product teams to sell ChaosSearch. This person must be a self-starter and used to a fast-paced, fun, energetic environment and comfortable with dealing with ambiguity. This person must also have a passion to solve unique world-changing technology problems. The Sales Engineer will be responsible for providing the technical expertise to make ChaosSearch customers successful.
As a Sales Engineer At ChaosSearch, You will
- Be a technical expert on all aspects of ChaosSearch
- Work hands-on with customers to demonstrate and prove out the ChaosSearch technology.
- Maintain deep understanding of competitive and complementary technologies and vendors and how to position ChaosSearch in relation to them
- Collaborate with Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing to continuously improve ChaosSearch products and positioning
- Support the technical needs of customers and resolve technical issues, along with engaging them on any additional issues, problems, or opportunities regarding the ChaosSearch service.
- Working with the ChaosSearch Sales Team, prepare and present the ChaosSearch service and address any technical questions or concerns that come up during the sales cycle.
- May include travel to clients and potential client sites, hosting remote meetings, and serving as a technical interface with customers.
- Support broader Sales and Marketing efforts including content creation, webinar presentations, trade show participation, and general technical support.
5+ years as a Sales Engineer/Solutions Architect
Understanding of log management systems, preferably the ELK stack and Elasticsearch
- Knowledge and understanding of distributed systems architectures
- Great presentation skills with the ability to speak in front of audiences both large and small
- Knowledge of Information Retrieval and/or Analytics domain
- Understanding of Linux, Java, and databases
- Software coding experience with C/C++, Java, Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash
- Experience with non-relational platforms and tools for large-scale data processing (e.g. Hadoop, HBase, Spark)
- Familiarity and experience with common BI and data exploration tools (e.g. Kibana, Looker, Tableau)
- Experience and understanding of large-scale infrastructure-as-a-service platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, GCP, etc.)
- Experience implementing ETL pipelines using custom and packaged tools
- Experience using AWS services such as S3, IAM, SQS, Kinesis, EMR, Redshift, Athena
- Successful track record selling enterprise SaaS software
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Stock options
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Employees with a wide variety of interests
At ChaosSearch, we are committed to building and fostering a culture where everyone feels included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to create a better experience for everyone. However you identify and whatever background you bring, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come to work each day.