Sales Development Representative
Role can be fully remote or based in our Boston office
Panorama is on a mission to radically improve student outcomes by helping educators act on data. We're working toward a world where every student has great teachers, great schools, and a great education. Thousands of schools rely on Panorama to improve education through data, from helping teachers hone their practice, to engaging with families, to building school culture, and beyond. We are rapidly growing with already more than seven million students receiving a better education because of Panorama, and we hope to serve many millions more students in the coming years.
About the Role
Sales Development Representatives (SDRs) are responsible for strategic outreach to medium and large districts, nationwide. This role is a critical part of the Sales team to expand; awareness of Panorama in the market through cold calls and emails and serve as the first point of contact for prospects. On any given day, SDRs are responsible for meeting a minimum amount of activity volume (50+ activities) and setting meetings for closing sales reps in their assigned territories. This is vital to our work in engaging decision-makers in thoughtful conversations to drive revenue and improve student outcomes. At Panorama, we need teammates who empathize with our clients' challenges and appreciate their limited time by adding insightful and meaningful value to each interaction.
On any given day, you will: ( Responsibilities)
- Complete 50-70 prospecting activities, including cold calls and emails
- Source leads by identifying target accounts with initiatives that align with Panoramas value
- Engage district leaders and build Panorama champions through warm, tailored prospecting efforts
- Set meetings with prospects and run discovery calls to qualify potential opportunities
- Transition relationships over to closing sales team for in-person and virtual product demonstrations
This job is for you if you have: ( Qualifications )
- Prior experience in a sales related role
- Demonstrated experience prospecting
- Ability to persevere through multiple rejections
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with skilled active listening
- Demonstrated ability to steer a conversation by pivoting quickly and overcoming objections
- Track record of exceeding goals in a metrics-driven sales environment
- Experience communicating across a variety of stakeholders
- Demonstrated responsiveness to feedback
Even better if you have:
- Experience working in K-12 educational technology, K-12 education, or even better- both!
- Proficiency or expertise in using Salesforce, Outreach.io, Chorus.ai, and HubSpot
- A genuine passion for helping to improve education
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; weve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are Equal Opportunity Employer.