Sales Capability Consultant
At Skillsoft, we are all about making work matter. We believe every team member has the potential to be AMAZING. We are bold, sharp, driven and most of all, real. Join us in our quest to democratize learning and help individuals unleash their edge.
A Sales Capability Consultant is a professional in developing organizational capabilities - the unique combination of skills, processes, technologies, and human abilities- to differentiate Skillsoft in the market. The role focuses on developing organizational sales capabilities; and identifying and motivating behaviors proven to drive sales velocity. Emphasis is placed on enabling efficient and consistent execution of effective selling skills and behaviors (productivity focus); and, building a winning sales culture through a combination of programs, processes, and tools (engagement focus). The Consultant is responsible for providing technical leadership in the selection and support of Skillsoft's Sales Tech Stack. This position is responsible for the support, design, development, implementation, delivery, and maintenance of content, assets, and other resources used for instructional functions. Collaborates routinely with colleagues in Sales Enablement, Sales, Sales Operations, and HR to deliver on sales velocity and engagement goals.
- Implement sales measurement models and diagnostic tools to help identify sales performance indicators, key areas of opportunity and sales force training needs.
- Conduct top-producer analyses and best practice, which will impact sales quality, productivity, and overall sales effectiveness during each stage of the customer buying process.
- Execute the defined action plan for sales capability and engagement that is tightly aligned to the go-to-market strategies of each Customer Market and over-arching company priorities.
- Respect rules of engagement alignment across internal partners, including Sales Enablement, HR, Customer Market leaders, and others according to the agreed RACI model governing the partnerships.
- Gain alignment and buy-in from cross-functional senior leaders prior to, and as transformation progresses.
- Works with third parties (e.g. vendors, consultants, partners) to identify best practices that can be adopted by Skillsoft as part of our sales effectiveness journey.
- Support process for workforce planning in Content Sales and partners with HR and Sales leaders to implement regular talent review sessions, to assess and calibrate the organization's talent, build bench strength, identify and mitigate the risk for critical positions, identify future capability needs and establish long-term people strategies to build capabilities in alignment with company priorities.
- Contribute to rollout of sales coaching model and implement a capability development framework. Remove obstacles, enable managers, and engage reps and managers in an ongoing process to identify and close sales capability gaps to deliver performance. Build manager capacity to coach.
- Contribute to the overall Sales Effectiveness measurement plan to evaluate effectiveness, ROI and inclusivity of programs, and identifies insights that will drive continuous improvement.
- Lead special projects as assigned by the Director, Sales Effectiveness.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 7+ years of successful experience building organizational and role-based capability.
- Manage competing priorities effectively when under pressure.
- Applies a sense of urgency to deliver show demonstrable progress along the way.
- Willing to make mistakes, gives and receives feedback, moves on quickly.
- Acts with integrity and courage both internally and externally.
- Strong and decisive, but also humble. Listens, acknowledges mistakes, shares credit.
- Focuses on priorities. Says yes to the right things making the most valuable use of their time.
- Fosters meaningful and productive cooperation among partners, the team, and peers.
- Demonstrates high degree of ownership and leads by example.
- Confident and competent decision-maker.
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated ability to persuade.
- Expects and appreciates feedback. Gives actionable feedback in return.
- Highly productive with ability to deliver quality work in compressed timelines.
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills that balance thoughtful analysis with timely responsiveness.
- Operates with a sense of urgency and combines the right balance of aggressiveness and competitiveness with a positive, winning attitude.
- Industry certifications preferred, but not required.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent preferred.
Personally Accountable for Team Success. We unleash our edge together.
Confident Achievers. We are bold.
Intellectually Curious. We are sharp.
Adaptable, Agile & Resilient. We are driven.
Customer First. We are real.
MORE ABOUT SKILLSOFT:
Skillsoft delivers online learning, training, and talent solutions to help organizations unleash their edge. Leveraging immersive, engaging content, Skillsoft enables organizations to unlock the potential in their best assets their people and build teams with the skills they need for success. Empowering 36 million learners and counting, Skillsoft democratizes learning through an intelligent learning experience and a customized, learner-centric approach to skills development with resources for Leadership Development, Business Skills, Technology & Development, Digital Transformation, and Compliance.
Skillsoft and SumTotal are partners to thousands of leading global organizations, including many Fortune 500 companies. The company features three award-winning systems that support learning, performance and success: Skillsoft learning content, the Percipio intelligent learning experience platform, and the SumTotal suite for Talent Development, which offers measurable impact across the entire employee lifecycle. Learn more at www.skillsoft.com.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we would love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.
Skillsoft is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer: It is the policy of Skillsoft Corporation to provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability (mental or physical), protected veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by law.
More Jobs From