A bit about us:
Were on a mission to change healthcare how its paid for, delivered, experienced. We want to put people center stage, not process or profit. We are guided by a deep belief that every person on Medicare should be treated like we would treat a member of our own family: with loving care and a profound commitment to their health and well-being.
Thats why were gathering a whole bunch of smart, big-hearted people to create a new kind of healthcare company one that combines compassion, health insurance, clinical care, and technology seamlessly.
"We want to partner with people we love for a cause we believe in. Life is short. Join us."
A bit about this role:
Devoted Healths Risk Adjustment team is entrusted with securing and submitting the revenue of our plan in order to fund the care that we provide to our members. Our work directly enables better care and better benefits for our members, and our team is an exemplar of hyper-compliance with our regulators.
Our team includes three functions that collectively work to ensure the complete and accurate submission of diagnosis data to CMS:
Risk Adjustment Provider Program: supports our provider partners with the data, education, and infrastructure needed to accurately and completely document our members true conditions at the point of care
Risk Adjustment Retrospective Program: retrieves and reviews medical documentation for historical dates of service to ensure the accurate and complete documentation of our members true conditions after the point of care
Risk Adjustment Program Integrity: ensures the integrity of our risk adjustment programs through the complete and timely submission of data to CMS and through a highly active auditing program
As the Risk Adjustment Senior Operations Analyst you will provide analytics which shed insight into all aspects of our risk adjustment operations. You will partner with the leaders of each of our functions and be responsible for bringing data-driven insights to these functions, helping our leaders understand how our operations are performing, where we have opportunities to improve, and how we can scale these operations to continue caring for our members like family. You will report directly to the VP of Risk Adjustment. You will be equally as capable at delivering accurate, thoughtful analytics as will be at packaging and presenting the data to meet your stakeholders needs. You will produce professional, accurate, common-sense business intelligence dashboards that will empower our operations leaders to manage our business. You will be responsive to needs as they occur, and dislodge issues by developing workable, prioritized units of work for operators. You will build trust and credibility within our team and as an ambassador to the broader organization by delivering practical and meaningful analytics solutions. You will partner closely with our operators, data scientists, software engineers, and product managers. You will help drive the stewardship of risk adjustment analytics across our organization, ensuring consistent understanding across our teams of this complex area.
Responsibilities will include:
- Partner with operations leaders to develop and maintain a suite of business intelligence dashboards that will allow our ops leaders to manage their line of business and evaluate ongoing KPIs and metrics
- Analyze, synthesize, and communicate insights and opportunities
- Create tools and data sets to support day-to-day workforce management and planning
- Build reports to support our operations and key workflows, and perform ad-hoc analytics and modeling to better understand key parts of our business
- Intake, prioritize, and manage incoming analytic requests from business leaders
- Liase with Operations, Data Science, and Data Engineering teams to drive improved data structures, tooling, and governance
- Be an ambassador for risk adjustment analytics to ensure consistent understanding and utilization of our risk data across Devoted
- Ability to understand and work with true complexity
- Deeply analytical and technically proficient
- Excellent listener and communicator
- Natural relationship builder and service orientation
- Strong attention to detail; value quality and accuracy
- Pragmatic with a bias towards producing highly practical, highly elegant outputs
- Ability to deal effectively with ambiguity
- Proficiency in business requirement elicitation and documentation
- Understanding of business and market dynamics
- Can-do attitude and stamina for tackling hard problems
- High level of self-motivation and an ability to balance multiple priorities initiatives
Desired skills and experience:
- 3+ years in roles that required analytical problem-solving and interpretation of data
- Strong analytical skills and fluency in SQL
- Fast learner, can pick up new content/industries quickly in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Track record of success delivering elegant solutions to complex problems
- Proven organizational, communication, and informal leadership skills
- Self-starter and team player who can build relationships with a wide range of partners and approaches challenges with a can-do attitude; youre self-reflective.
- Experience with client or customer delivery, either internal or external preferred
- Previous health care experience a plus, not required
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, and if you are looking for a disruptive startup with an inspiring and talented team, Devoted Health may be the place for you!
Devoted is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a safe and supportive work environment in which all employees have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business. We value diversity and collaboration. Individuals are respected for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in Devoteds Code of Conduct, our company values and the way we do business.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, marital status, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.