A bit about us:
Were on a mission to change healthcare how its paid for, delivered, experienced. We want to put people center stage, not process or profit. We are guided by a deep belief that every person on Medicare should be treated like we would treat a member of our own family: with loving care and a profound commitment to their health and well-being.
Thats why were gathering a whole bunch of smart, big-hearted people to create a new kind of healthcare company one that combines compassion, health insurance, clinical care, and technology seamlessly.
"We want to partner with people we love for a cause we believe in. Life is short. Join us."
A bit more about this role:
The role of Risk Adjustment Medical Coder is a key part of Devoteds Quality & Risk Adjustment strategy. This position helps to ensure the capture of diagnostic documentation and coding (ICD-10 CM) by performing retrospective medical chart reviews of provider groups across the full range of Devoted Markets. The Risk Adjustment Medical Coder will perform these duties in accordance with ICD-10 CM coding guidelines, internal coding protocols, and CMS guidance, and is subject to routine internal audits. The ideal candidate must possess a relevant coding certification, as well as coding experience specific to the field of Risk Adjustment, with a track record of outstanding coding accuracy preferably on high volume / high intensity projects.
This role can be based in either of the Devoted offices: Waltham, MA or New Gloucester, ME, or be 100% remote.
Responsibilities will include:
- Perform Medical Record Retrospective Reviews in a timely and accurate basis in line with organizational priorities.
- Contribute to ad hoc coding projects as they arise within Devoted Markets.
- Provide input / feedback on current coding processes and tools to help drive improvements to Devoted workflow and technologies.
- Handle other related duties as required or assigned
Desired skills and experience:
- 3+ years in risk adjustment coding
- CPC or CRC certification through AAPC or CCS certification through AHIMA
- Prior clinical experience a plus but not required
- Prior CPT coding a plus but not required
Attributes to success:
- Ability to work in a start-up, fast-paced environment
- Embrace, crave and be comfortable with new and ever-changing technologies
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to multitask
Healthcare equality is at the center of Devoteds mission to treat our members like family. We are committed to a diverse and vibrant workforce. If you lack a specific credential for this position but believe that your strengths and life experiences will propel our mission, we would love to hear from you.
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, and if you are looking for a disruptive startup with an inspiring and talented team, Devoted Health may be the place for you!
Devoted is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a safe and supportive work environment in which all employees have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business. We value diversity and collaboration. Individuals are respected for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in Devoteds Code of Conduct, our company values and the way we do business.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, marital status, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.