Have you ever been online trying to pay a bill, and thought to yourself: why are you making it so hard for me to give you my money? Thats the problem we solve for mid-market organizations across multiple verticalsprimarily utilities, local government, insurance, and consumer finance organizations.
Invoice Clouds SaaS customer engagement, e-billing, and payment platform helps accelerate collections, improve security, reduce costs, and enhance the customer experience.
As a company that values diversity, equity, and inclusion, Invoice Cloud seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this position. Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are diverse, so were building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups we are building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
This is a remote opportunity with preference for candidates to be based out of Texas, Virginia, Utah, or Massachusetts.
The Quality Engineering team at Invoice Cloud is dedicated to the design, build, and evolution of the end-to-end automated testing platform supporting the entire SaaS customer engagement, e-billing, and payment platform used by thousands of businesses and millions of customers. The Senior Quality Engineer will play a key hands-on tech lead role in building and growing test automation framework used by all engineering teams. You will also own entire lifecycle (design, document, develop, maintain, publish, and run) of automated test development within assigned agile team. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who is passionate about releasing high quality, customer experience, SaaS products in a highly scalable, reliable, and secure manner, leveraging agile principles and values, test driven development and continuous integration and deployment. We are looking for a strong business and technical problem solver, with a deep understanding of Quality Engineering, CI/CD, DevOps principles.
First 30 days
- Understand basic role and functionality of our key products - Biller Portal, Customer Portal, CRM
- Understand basic role and functionality of supporting backend services & processes
- Understand existing engineering processes around source control, development, testing and DevOps
First 90 days
- Understand existing projects and its scope within the assigned team
- Understand core Invoice Cloud systems design, architecture, and dependencies
- Able to support, modify, and add new automated test functionality necessary for product development
- Active participation in automated testing, DevOps, and agile transformation initiatives
- Identify and recommend areas of improvement to accelerate maturity within SDLC
The Senior Quality Engineer will have a broad set of responsibilities including the following:
- Drive a strong sense of ownership, accountability, and pride in the entire full stack agile team for the overall quality of the product.
- Work closely and collaboratively with in full stack agile engineering team to establish and automate the necessary quality standards, requirements with a strong bias to reduce manual testing effort and continuously increasing confidence in software releases.
- Play a lead role in planning, scoping, estimating, and validating prioritized testing requirements for all on-going feature development in the team.
- Write well-designed, readable, maintainable testing code.
- Participate in code reviews to maintain code quality and distribute knowledge.
- Document and share testing standards, best practices, and operational procedures.
- Ensure application releases occur regularly, timely and with high quality.
- Partner with designers and product managers to measure and iteratively deliver innovative experiences to our payers and billers.
- Build trusting relationships and collaborate within and across all internal teams.
- Encourage a highly communicative culture that ensures open, transparent, and consistent exchange with key stakeholders.
- Play active role in continuous improvement of our lean product development and delivery processes.
- Champion agile best practices around continuous integration, test-driven development, and continuous deployment.
- Perform periodic on-call support for after-hours deployment/maintenance windows.
- Coach, mentor and help peers.
- Report progress on work items as it happens, via work item notes, and as requested.
- Attention to detail
- Problem solver
- Forward thinking
Who We Seek:
- 5+ years of hands-on technical experience in quality engineering practices, test automation (unit testing, API testing, acceptance testing, performance testing), CI/CD.
- 5+ years of experience with technologies and tools like
- Jira, Xray, Azure DevOps, Selenium, Postman, Jenkins, Sonarqube, Docker, Kubernetes, and Sauce Labs
- Strong expertise in manual and automated test planning and execution while building modern test frameworks and infrastructure.
- Strong experience with test-driven development (unit and integration testing) and continuous integration.
- Solid technical background in enterprise quality engineering disciplines supporting SaaS based responsive, modern web applications and APIs (Soap, Rest etc.)
- Strong experience in adopting lean, agile software delivery practices like Scrum, Kanban etc.
- Detailed knowledge of software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including agile planning, coding standards, code reviews, source control, build and release processes, continuous deployment, and test suite development and maintenance.
- Understanding of software security best practices (OWASP Top 10) and implementing security gates.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure or similar cloud technology vendors
- Understanding of scalable, distributed systems using microservices and event-driven architecture.
- Understanding of transactional databases.
- Collaborate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Self-led, capable of working with little direction.
- Skilled communicator with a collaborative spirit.
Invoice Cloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Invoice Cloud provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected].
About Invoice Cloud:
Our mission is to bring the Fortune 100 e-payment experience to organizations who dont have the time/energy/resources to build it themselves. The platform has been designed in a way that consistently yields more online payments and paperless enrollments -- driving the positive business outcomes our clients want. Invoice Clouds 25% YoY same store sales growth is a testament to how effective the service is.
Invoice Cloud was #902 on the 2018 Inc 5000 list, with a 3-year growth of 550% and named the 3rd fastest growing company in Boston by the Boston Business Journal.
To all recruitment agencies: Invoice Cloud does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees, or any other organization location. Invoice Cloud is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.