Last year was a record breaking year for ChaosSearch. In 2020, we tripled our customer base, increased revenue close to 8X, launched ChaosSearch 2.0 and ended the year with a $40 Million Series B financing round.
In 2021, we are building on this success. Our mission is to enable every organization to have fast and easy access to data. Our cloud-built Data Lake engine delivers instant elasticity and unlimited scale, secure data access and disruptive pricing for Log and BI analytics. We’re adding to our team in 2021 and the time to join couldn’t be better.
ChaosSearch enables customers to Know BetterTM, delivering data insights at scale while achieving the true promise of data lake economics. The ChaosSearch Data Platform connects to and indexes data within a customer’s cloud storage environment, rendering it fully searchable and enabling data analytics with existing data tools in use today, leveraging open APIs.
Whereas all other solutions require complex data pipelines consisting of parsing or schema changes, ChaosSearch indexes all data as-is, without transformation, while auto-detecting native schemas. With its revolutionary approach ChaosSearch overcomes the cost and complexity of competitive solutions, and delivers unlimited scalability, industry-leading resiliency, and massive time and cost savings.
Based on these capabilities, ChaosSearch is an ideal replacement for the commonly deployed ELK stack today. With ChaosSearch, customers can perform scalable log analytics on AWS S3, using the familiar Elasticsearch API for queries, and Kibana for log analytics and visualizations, while reducing costs and improving analytical capabilities.
Short term roadmap includes expanding Open API support from Elasticsearch to support SQL and Machine Learning APIs. With ChaosSearch Data Platform added to a client's Cloud Storage, the true promise of Data Lakes is delivered.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
- Participate in all phases of the software development cycle as part of a Scrum team.
- Work in multi-functional agile teams to regularly experiment, iterate, and deliver on new product objectives with an end-to-end responsibility for your team’s goals.
- Obsess over QUALITY in the product you create and the code you write.
- Have the opportunity to contribute to a game-changing SaaS analytics business, become an expert in Cloud Computing, and learn and work with technologies such as Python/Java/Scala.
- Advance your technical and interpersonal skills in an environment that looks to expand them.
- Contribute to relevant open-source projects.
- 4+ years of commercial software development experience.
- A desire to work in an environment where you will both teach and be taught.
- Affection for true agile development delivery and understanding of its importance in creating the most effective products.
- Python, Java or Scala
- Atlassian tooling (JIRA, BitBucket)
- Cloud Services (e.g. S3, EC2, Lambda)
- Deployment techniques (e.g. Cloudformation, Terraform, Docker, etc.)
- Microservices architecture preferably in leading cloud environments (e.g. AWS).
Willing to Learn
- Big Data Analytics and Real-time Systems
- Multiple cloud environments (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Highly distributed and multi-threaded software products
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Stock options
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Employees with a wide variety of interests
At ChaosSearch, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to create a better experience for everyone. However you identify and whatever background you bring, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come to work each day.