Devo, the cloud-native logging and security analytics company, empowers security and operations teams to maximize the value of all their data. Only the Devo platform delivers the powerful combination of real-time visibility, high-performance analytics, scalability, multitenancy, and low TCO crucial for monitoring and securing business operations as enterprises accelerate their shift to the cloud. Headquartered in Cambridge, Mass., Devo is backed by Insight Partners, Georgian, and Bessemer Venture Partners. Learn more at www.devo.com.
The Professional Services Engineer for systems implementation, configuration, training, and launch for our clients state of the art data operations platform team. The successful candidate should live in a large metro area within the United States.
- Develops and delivers detailed technology solutions, based on Devos platform, through consulting project activities.
- Support system architecture definition, hardware/software specification and/or design, implementation, testing, client training, problem identification, and solution deployment.
- Project management activities include interaction with company and client managers and cost/schedule monitoring.
- May participate in sales and proposal presentations in addition to completing ongoing team account activities.
- Identifies additional product/services opportunities in customer organization.
- Responsible for translating the clients business requirements into specific systems, applications or process designs for very large complex technology solutions and integrating architecture.
- Acts as an advocate for the client as the ultimate authority on the architecture designed to address client business problems.
- Must be able to operate at the customers offices as needed. The job requires travel between 25-50% within the US.
1. KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- BS/BA degree in a technical field, or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years experience in a professional services, implementation engineering role.
- Experienced in development of regular expressions for extracting/parsing data
- Experience developing scripts with python is required.
- Must have experience writing queries and working with big data.
- Must have experience in working with customers/clients to install and configure cyber security related systems.
- Extensive experience with Linux and Windows based servers with hands on admin experience.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize, and multi-task in a fast paced, changing environment to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates proficient and effective presentation skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with configuring/installing products like Splunk ESS, Arcsight, Qradar and similar products is highly desirable.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Power BI or tableau is preferred.
- Action Oriented
- Plans & Aligns
- Manages complexity
- Customer Focus
- Drives Results
- Tech Savvy
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Regular Expressions
- Data Parsing
- CLI, APIs and UI
- Big Data Query Languages (SPL, SQL, Linq, etc)
- Git / Jira / Confluence
- Linux/Windows Operating Systems
- Data visualization tools
- Cyber Security experience is preferred
2. COMPETENCY PROFILE
3. BACKGROUND EXPERIENCES
Devo does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
"Devo is committed to creating a welcoming culture that is not only grounded in teamwork and customer success but is fair and equitable for everyone." Marc van Zadelhoff, CEO
At Devo, diversity and inclusion means more than treating employees well and making them feel welcome. It is a commitment to hiring people who bring different insights because of their unique perspectives, ways of thinking, and prior experiences.
We intend to continue hiring great people and protecting our culture so everyone can be themselves and speak their minds. That way Devo will always be a place filled with purpose, energy, hard work, thoughtfulness, and respect.
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Devo outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Devo's policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Devo Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Devo and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid