WHO WE ARE:
At ActBlue we build and maintain a powerful online fundraising platform for Democratic campaigns, progressive organizations, and nonprofits working to create a better future. We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors by making it easier for grassroots supporters to make their voices heard and by helping thousands of groups from presidential candidates to environmental organizations build people-powered movements.
If youve ever given online to a Democratic candidate or progressive organization, chances are youve used our software. Were a tech nonprofit organization, and our team has a big impact on the future of our country. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
We are seeking a Product Manager for our Data Engineering team who knows how to define, validate, and communicate a vision for data management, products, and analytics. You should have strong process and product instincts, as well as an appreciation for and understanding of agile and user-centered design values, principles, and practices.
You will be contributing to our inclusive environment, fostering a culture that brings out the best in yourself and your colleagues. Your manager will be your champion and coach and will help ensure you are able to grow as an individual while you contribute to the excellence and advancement of our platform.
- Drive the project roadmap, feature discovery, and development for both internal and external data and analytics products
- Research, gather, and distill key insights into well-formed product goals, requirements, and success criteria
- Champion the voice of users and stakeholders throughout the project life cycle, adapting your approach with feedback from collaborators while staying on-goal and on-strategy
- Manage the execution, QA, and launch of roadmap features and projects
- Communicate plans, status updates, and risks (plus mitigations) to all stakeholders
- Triage and escalate urgent issues appropriately and drive them to closure
- Facilitate data education and onboarding amongst internal staff
- Collaborate with engineering, data science, research, and product to learn, share, and improve upon ActBlues processes and analytics
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- 3-5 years experience in product management, working with cross-functional teams and the growth of complex web applications, especially for data-focused applications and systems
- Strong balance of strategy and execution: the ability to tell a story for the problems youre solving and the vision you want to realize, balanced with the details of getting it done
- Strong independent project management skills: the ability to lead without authority, prioritize critical-path or high-impact activities amongst ambiguity, and keep complicated work efforts moving forward
- Strong assessment and decision-making skills, especially when guiding conflicting objectives towards a common goal
- Strong communication skills with a team-centric and remote-reliant approach to discussion and collaboration
- Strong analytical abilities, preferably with site conversion metrics and A/B tests
- High-competency in authoring concise, well-formed documentation
- A real passion for analytics, data processing, and data governance
- Interest in progressive politics; experience is a plus
OUR ENGINEERING VALUES:
- We believe that ideas are more important than technologies.
- We understand that the tools we build have real-world consequences for millions of people and take that responsibility seriously.
- We know that code isnt just a set of instructions for machines, but communication with other humans; style, elegance, and respect are important.
- We believe that an ability to balance paying off technical debt and rapidly completing a project contributes to the health of the codebase, engineering team, and organization.
- We believe that being correct isnt enough; respect for your colleagues and users is fundamental.
Follow us on Twitter @ActBlue
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION
ActBlues headquarters are located in Davis Square in Somerville, MA, just a few blocks from Bostons MBTA Red Line train. This posting is for a full-time, remote, salaried position. We are authorized to support remote work in California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Washington DC, Washington, and Wisconsin.
We offer a competitive salary and a generous compensation package, which includes commuter benefits or home office stipend; fully paid and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance; an employer-sponsored 401k contribution plan; a generous professional development stipend; three months paid parental leave for all genders, adoptions included; and a flexible time off policy.
Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply. ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
ActBlue cannot at this time sponsor work visas.