Interested in working at Hudl? Awesome. Heres what you need to know.
Our goal is to change the way coaches, athletes and analysts prepare for and stay ahead of the competition. Whether its with video, stats or a combination of the two, we want our tools to help every step of the way. Thats why were always hiringwe need the best because a product is only as good as the people behind it.
Hudl Focus is our smart camera system that gives coaches and athletes HD video of their games and practices. Captured from multiple angles, livestreamed and uploaded to their library - all without lifting a finger. Were searching for a Product Design Manager to help us build the future of automated video capture for sports.
This is not a full time management position. Your time will be split into 2 main areas: 25% team management and 75% hands on design with a cross-functional squad working on Hudl Focus.
As a qualified candidate, you have experience designing mobile and web applications. You are a business-oriented design leader. Youll balance a rigorous user-centric perspective with the ability to make bold decisions and move the product forward in a fast-paced development environment. You will foster cross-functional and cross product area collaboration. You will work to integrate user insights into the product strategy and design. You will always advocate for user experience, customer journeys and design excellence.
This role reports to the Director of Product Design for Hudl Focus.
- Excel in giving and receiving respectfully blunt feedback and critique.
- Have strong beliefs, loosely held, about whats best for the product.
- Successfully challenge your top performers and decisively support your lowest. You coach with great care and ensure their overall happiness.
- Look for trends across your reports and others reports to find ways to fix root problems instead of treating symptoms one-by-one.
- Closely scrutinize processes with the goal of improving continually over time to better support customers.
- Excel as a designer on a squad thinking holistically about the Hudl Focus product and deeply about individual features and workflows
- Confidently articulate your design strategy and solutions to stakeholders and cross-functional partners.
- Lead user research and testing using appropriate qualitative & quantitative methodsyou can lean on Hudls millions of quantitative data points before leaping into qualitative research.
- Stay laser-focused on the user experience and have a willingness to question the status quo.
- Understand that technical, business, and design constraints factor into every product decision.
- Know how and when to tactfully say, No."
- Recruit and hire outstanding design talent and facilitate onboarding of those new awesome designers
- Work with the Design Management Team to shape our teams culture, processes and tools
- Passionate for identifying and solving real business problems
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and cross functional environment with multiple stakeholders, working across multiple product areas
- Consistent track record of coaching and managing talented designers to achieve their best performance
- You embrace and encourage diverse perspectives to inspire user experiences
- Experience designing, building and directing both the visual and interaction design of projects (web, mobile & native)
- You tell compelling stories about your designs and present your work with confidence
- Can consistently demonstrate an understanding of customer needs and set an example of delivering impactful experiences for customers
- Ability to communicate in a collaborative manner that builds trust with your partners and teams
- Comfortable with ambiguity; you have a big-picture view and can align teams to get there
- You have examples of times you have managed high-profile projects and made significant business impact
- Able to choose the best medium and fidelity to convey your ideas at each stage of a project (not every project goes paper sketches, Figma, HTML).
- Not afraid to ship small, quick experiments to validate or invalidate your assumptions and opinions.
- Equally as proud of your organization tools (docs, spreadsheets) as you are your best pieces of design work.
- Treat you like an adult. We trust you to get work done and take a break when you need it. Use time off when you want and how you want.
- Take care of you. Our health insurance and retirement plans will let you and your family sleep soundly.
Diversity at Hudl
Hudl is an equal opportunity employer. We understand the power of diverse teams, celebrate differences and champion inclusion.