First and foremost, Kyruuvians care deeply about our vision to enable human beings to care for human beings, our mission, and our CORE values:
Caring We care about doing the right thing, in the right way, every time.
Ownership We own both our successes and our mistakes, taking responsibility and always learning how to be better.
Respect We respect and celebrate the individual traits that enable each of us, our customers, our providers, and our patients, to be the best that we can be.
Empowerment We embrace a culture that supports everyones ability to contribute and lead.
Heres what that would mean for you in the Principal Software Engineer role.
- Youll contribute to Kyruus mission and vision by executing on the roadmap and driving work that will help our customers be more successful, our solutions to be ever higher quality, ever more resilient and ever more of a delight for our customers.
- Your typical day will include writing and reviewing code, test runs and configuration in support of and alongside your team where you may play a specific role such as a Team Lead or Architecture Owner.
- Youll be working on all-AWS infrastructure, designing, building, testing and releasing products that address the needs of a growing SaaS company to manage authentication, authorization and configuration of a developing suite of applications among a growing deployment landscape. Big plus if you have experience with RDS, EC2, Terraform or Cloudformation.. Kubernetes experience is highly regarded.
- Youll bring mature, enterprise-level software development process expertise to influence how your team can more efficiently and effectively deliver quality solutions to our customers through the leveraging of multiple forms of testing methodologies.
- Youll bring extensive experience with Python to lead software design and testing leveraging the best tools and practices from the linguistic ecosystem. Solid experience with frameworks for automated functional testing preferred.
- Youll take on technical tasks that are highly ambiguous with lots of unknowns and demonstrate how to decompose the whole into executable pieces.
- Youll provide technical mentorship to fellow engineers and influence as well as build technical roadmaps for solutions related to authentication, authorization, (SAML, OAUTH, SSO and JWTs) and exposure of functionality for self-service capabilities for customers and internal employees.
- Youll use your 10+ years programming experience (with at least 5+ years in development operations-type roles) to:
- Help the agile team solve complex technical design problems.
- Exceed the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers with high quality code and designs.
- Assess business value, tech debt, and tradeoffs during task prioritization.
- Build, scale, and deliver dynamic and highly-available enterprise solutions.
- Think creatively about how to use technology and tools to solve problems faced by our users and customers.
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies to add to our stack.
- Understand the needs of our users and customers at the beginning of each project.
- Provide complete, actionable, and timely technical feedback to your agile team.
- Mentor fellow engineers.
- Create an inclusive environment where your peers feel motivated to succeed.
Youll use your experience in/familiarity with Python, React, Flask and Docker to:
Youll use your communication and active listening skills to:
- How Youll Know Youre Succeeding
- You scope and execute on team user stories reliably and on time to help achieve roadmap goals, customer commits, reliability and scale targets.
- You regularly write quality documentation which you later turn into automated flows.
- You follow Agile/scrum practices in your daily and weekly work.
- You learn about new tools and technologies and teach them to others.
- You share your technical expertise with Kyruuvians by presenting at lunch & learns and internal demos.
- Kyruuvians in the Principal Software Engineer role can move in a more linear career path along two tracks - individual contributor or management. From here, you could move up to be a Principal Software Engineer II , or you could move into a Manager, Engineering position.
- Kyruus also loves to see an internal transfer. If a linear career path is not what youre looking for, you can work with your manager and HR to explore lateral moves to other parts of the organization as you continue to grow with us.
Where Youll Go From Here
Equal Opportunity Employer
Kyruus is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information. We will not discriminate, in any employment decision, against any individual or group on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veterans/national guard/military reserve status. This shall be done in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws in every location in which Kyruus has facilities.