First and foremost, Kyruuvians care deeply about our vision to enable human beings to care for human beings, our mission, and our CORE values:
Caring We care about doing the right thing, in the right way, every time.
Ownership We own both our successes and our mistakes, taking responsibility and always learning how to be better.
Respect We respect and celebrate the individual traits that enable each of us, our customers, our providers, and our patients, to be the best that we can be.
Empowerment We embrace a culture that supports everyones ability to contribute and lead.
Kyruus is looking for a talented principal engineer to join our Platform Infrastructure team. The Platform infrastructure team at Kyruus is responsible for architecting and developing the base cloud infrastructure layer needed to run the Kyruus data and application platform. In addition, this team builds internal applications and tools to power development and delivery pipelines in both the current state and to support future plans and growth.
The opportunity for this engineer is to take their many years of experience and work with existing members of the team and the broader organization to help guide how Kyruus thinks about DevOps, site reliability, application infrastructure and modern enterprise cloud operations principles. This individual will participate in roadmap strategy, proofs-of-concept, and evangelism as to drive effective change through technical teams.
- Youll contribute to Kyruus mission and vision by executing on the roadmap and driving work that will help our customers be more successful, our engineers be more productive, code deployments to be safer, and ultimately drive the strategic success of Kyruus. Youll work with application development engineers to ensure that the end product is a high-performing, highly available, and secure platform that earns our customers trust everyday.
- Your typical day will include writing and reviewing infrastructure and tools code and configuration. Your days will be occupied by myriad AWS services, APIs, Saltstack, Terraform, Linux, CloudFormation and Python. Youll work in an Agile/Scrum environment with your core team as well as partner teams.
- Youll support our AWS cloud infrastructure to develop, test, and deploy Kyruus products. Youll own defining and supporting the tools and pipelines to power the SDLC and make peers productive as they leverage them.
- Youll evangelize the core tenets of cloud service reliability and provide application teams with the tools, methods and metrics to excel at them. Youll help ensure our production architectures in the cloud are highly available and fault tolerant.
- Youll take on technical tasks that are highly ambiguous with lots of unknowns. Youll use your technical expertise and mental resilience to identify that something is wrong and identify what that something is.
- Youll help educate internal teams on DevOps best practices in all aspects of our SDLC.
- Youll provide technical mentorship to fellow engineers. Youll educate internal teams on DevOps best practices in all aspects of our SDLC.
- Youll report to the Senior Director, Platform in the Platform Core Department within the R&D - Engineering Division.
Respect: How You'll Use Your Professional Skills
- Youll use your 7+ years programming experience (with at least 5+ years in development operations-type roles) to:
- Help the core teams solve complex technical design problems.
- Exceed the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers with high quality designs and subsequent delivery.
- Assess business value, tech debt, and tradeoffs during task prioritization.
- Build, scale, and deliver dynamic and highly-available enterprise solutions.
- Think creatively about how to use technology and tools to solve problems faced by our users and customers.
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies to add to our stack.
- Understand the needs of our users and customers and the goals of the organization at the beginning of each project.
- Provide complete, actionable, and timely technical feedback to your agile team.
- Mentor fellow engineers.
- Create an inclusive environment where your peers feel motivated to succeed.
Youll use your experience in/familiarity with technologies relevant to Kyruus to:
Youll use your communication and active listening skills to:
Empowerment: How You'll Know You're Succeeding
- You scope and execute on team user stories reliably and on time to help achieve roadmap goals, customer commits, reliability and scale targets.
- You regularly write quality documentation which you later turn into automated flows.
- You follow Agile/scrum practices in your daily and weekly work.
- You learn about new tools and technologies and teach them to others.
- You share your technical expertise with Kyruuvians by presenting at lunch & learns and internal demos.
- Kyruuvians in the Principal DevOps Engineer I role can move in a more linear career path along two tracks - individual contributor or management. From here, you could move up to be a Principal DevOps Engineer II, or you could move into a Manager, Engineering position.
- Kyruus also loves to see an internal transfer. If a linear career path is not what youre looking for, you can work with you manager and HR to explore lateral moves to other parts of the organization as you continue to grow with us.
Where Youll Go From Here
Equal Opportunity Employer
Kyruus is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information. We will not discriminate, in any employment decision, against any individual or group on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veterans/national guard/military reserve status. This shall be done in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws in every location in which Kyruus has facilities.