At Cedar, our mission is to improve the broken healthcare experience for patients, this starts with reengineering the patient billing support experience by refocusing our efforts on a patient centric experience and providing exceptional customer service. The Patient Advocate position serves as the liaison between the patient and healthcare provider supporting our patients through the following channels: live chat, phone, and email communications. In addition, patient advocates act as account managers to holistically manage the medical billing process and anticipate potential billing issues. We believe that all patients deserve to have a pleasant and efficient healthcare billing experience.
- Utilize the Cedar platform to handle all patient questions via inbound chats, phone calls and perform appropriate outbound call campaign
- Run and follow through on escalations to the healthcare provider
- Lead the payment posting process and follow up on defaulted payments
- Appropriately follow up with insurance and other third parties
Skills and Experience
- 1-2 years of insurance billing experience
- Experience navigating electronic medical record systems (preferably Centricity Business)
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
- Ability to toggle between multiple systems and efficient typing skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self motivated individual with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to show empathy and passion for outstanding customer service
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Open to ambiguity and ever changing environment
- Were looking for someone willing to be flexible with their schedule from time to time
- This position is currently remote - having access to a nice private space is a must
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to work on a platform that is scaling very rapidly, engaging with millions of patients per year and growing at a rate of 360% YoY as of January 2021
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments and suggestions
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
Changing the way patients interact with healthcare
Cedar is improving the healthcare financial experience. We partner with the most important institutions in the healthcare space that are vital to the care provided in our communities. Our technology enables these providers to ensure that they can continue to be profitable in a rapidly changing environment so they can provide care to the patients that depend on them. We allow patients to understand the cost of their healthcare and have a flawless experience when trying to afford and manage their healthcare needs.
Based in New York City, were backed by some of the best investors in New York and Silicon Valley including Thrive Capital and Founders Fund.
If creating a better healthcare experience excites you, we encourage you to apply.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Cedar will not hire any applicants for the Patient Advocate role who are present in the United States on an F-1 visa. Cedar is not an E-Verify employer and cannot employ individuals on a STEM OPT extension.