Office Tour Photos
Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about building huge scale networks on the Internet.
We are looking for a Network Engineer to join the existing network engineering team, working with the infrastructure group. Reporting to the Manager of Network Engineering, the Network Engineer will be part of a team that is designing, implementing and maintaining the DigitalOcean network from the Internet edge to the hypervisor connections. Our networks need to be massively scalable, and enable systems agility, while providing our hundreds of thousands of customers with the most stable platform. We work with other infrastructure and engineering teams to ensure new products and features have scalable network architectures and will provide the performance our customers require.
If youre looking for a Network Engineering role to challenge your skills and be rewarding and fulfilling, while working with top of the line equipment and manage a large network with huge scaling requirements and modern design, this job is for you!
What Youll Be Doing:
- Deploying network infrastructure to our globally-distributed data centers
- Providing support to customers who are experiencing network related issues
- Responding to and troubleshooting alerts as well as participating in our on-call rotation
- Working closely with other teams within the infrastructure group to build a scalable and efficient network
- Improving the quality of the overall infrastructure by supporting migration and upgrade activities
- Working with our automation team to improve tooling
What Well Expect From You:
- Experience working on, building, and troubleshooting large-scale datacenter networks
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting global backbone networks
- Experience working with network vendor hardware/software including Arista, Cisco (IOS XR), or Juniper
- Experience working with typical layer-2 and -3 protocols (e.g., BGP, OSPF, VRRP, IS-IS)
- Understanding of peering and transit and their roles on the Internet
- Understanding of overlay and underlay networking concepts
- The ability to function independently on routine tasks and project work
- Good Linux/UNIX skills. Experience in Python or similar language is a plus
- Experience with network automation solutions including Ansible or Salt, NAPALM and OpenConfig is a plus
- Experience with MPLS, specifically BGP-LU and RSVP-TE is a plus
- Certifications are nice, but not required
- Bonus points for any optical networking experience
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Infrastructure #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Infrastructure team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!
More Jobs From