AppNeta is a fast-growing global technology company that is taking advantage of the massive performance monitoring marketplace sized by Gartner as $2.2B in 2019. AppNeta has been named five times to the Inc. 5000 Fastest-growing Private Companies list, and has won numerous awards for company culture, including Inc. Magazine and BBJs Best Places to Work and BostInnos Coolest Companies.
Weve created an enjoyable, casual work environment that lets you work to your maximum potential. We work together, inspiring and mentoring each other to build great products. This is a great opportunity to join an unbeatable team who cares as much about getting a job well done as you do. Ideally situated in Vancouver, in the heart of Gastown, we have an open office layout in a character building that's close to all of the major transit services.
We are looking for an ambitious individual with a geeky side and a genuine interest in customer success and managed services with Application Performance! The role will manage our growing and dynamic Technical Account Management group within the Customer Care team, where we are committed to ensuring a first class customer experience for our enterprise customers, and driving value from AppNeta services.
In alignment with Customer Care directives, the Manager for Technical Account Management is responsible for people management aspects, customer satisfaction, and overall performance of the Technical Account Management team. In particular, you need to love motivating and coaching a strong team of technical individuals, and above all else, you know how to drive results!
We are looking for someone who has risen through the technical ranks, professionally or personally, who has had exposure with team leadership, objective setting, results tracking, and customer ownership.
You will be responsible for fostering success of our TAM team. This is a player-coach role, where your primary goals will be to ensure positive and always improving customer satisfaction survey results, by teaching, coaching, and incident triage. You will have responsibility of reporting and improving on things such as: TAM account performance, escalation updates, project status reports, TAM program utilization and capacity forecasting.
Our customers and partners are using our products in a large variety of environments. This position will require solid fundamentals in Application Performance and is a unique opportunity to build your exposure and knowledge in this field along with expanding Service and team Management skills at top tier level within the organization.
We have a great office atmosphere with beer on Fridays and a great foosball culture. Our mantra is work hard play hard, so you have to be keen with a true desire for this role if you want to join our great team!
- Be a key contributor to TAM program definition & outcome requirements.
- Manage TAM program processes for the team in order to meet objectives.
- Maintain a roadmap for TAM program execution.
- Review and recommend improvements for the TAM program.
- Report on overall TAM program status.
- Review & report on individual TAM account performance.
- Provide business TAM account escalation updates.
- Assign TAM accounts.
- Collaborate with Sales, Support, and Product teams to identify new potential offerings.
- Own the hiring process for the Technical Account Management team.
- Conduct timely individual performance reviews.
- Set direct team and individual goals.
- Provides support or oversight for key projects as needed
- Assists with Management of top tier clients for AppNeta.
- Takes ownership of escalated technical issues and own them to completion.
- Provide product feedback and suggestions for improvement from our top clients, be their advocate to help prioritize Product Management and Development efforts.
- Act as a point of escalation and coordination for issues and projects involving the solution.
- Perform scheduled and ongoing technical training, demonstration, and coaching of all value areas of the SaaS offering.
- Raise product defects and influence Product Roadmap.
- Create knowledge articles and reusable presentation materials for all of Technical Support.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong analytical skills regarding technical and program management issues.
- Personal pride in the quality of work delivered.
- Demonstrated expertise in account management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a passion for sharing new ideas in a dynamic environment.
- Comfortable communicating and discussing technical concepts with customers and peers.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- 8 years of experience in the technology industry with a minimum of 2 years in technical account management, including people management.
- Demonstrable increase in responsibility in your previous role(s).
Relevant Experience or Degree or Diploma related to technical client services.
AppNeta's SaaS-based solutions give Development, DevOps, and IT Operations teams essential performance data to see across their web, mobile, and cloud-delivered application environments as well as pinpoint tough performance bottlenecks. With AppNeta, customers have all of the performance data they need to assure continual and exceptional delivery of business-critical applications and end-user experience.
At AppNeta, we take application performance seriously without taking ourselves too seriously. We are big believers in a work hard, play hard culture. We offer everything from Friday catered lunch and free snacks to commuter benefits and Maternity/Paternity leave, and pride ourselves on providing a challenging yet fun and collaborative environment in all three of our office locations. For more on our company culture, perks, and benefits check out our website: https://www.appneta.com/about/careers/.
About AppNetas office locations:
- Vancouver: One block from Waterfront Station in the heart of historic Gastown, AppNetas Vancouver office is home to our Product, Engineering and Customer Success teams. We are centrally located; convenient to all of Vancouvers transit services and bike routes, being a bike friendly office.
- Boston: Located just steps from South Station in the heart of the Innovation District, AppNetas Boston office is home to our Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Engineering, Product and G&A teams.