DraftKings Inc. (Nasdaq: DKNG) is a digital sports entertainment and gaming company. Its simple, at DraftKings, we believe lifes more fun with skin in the game. For that reason, were committed to responsibly creating the worlds favorite games and betting experiences. Headquartered in Boston, MA, with offices around the globe, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do, and think you will too.
The strategy behind the game.
Were growing rapidly and are searching for a Government Affairs Counsel to engage in legislative and regulatory issues impacting our business across the country. As part of the Government Affairs team, you will work closely with business units throughout the company as well as with lobbyists, legislators, and regulators to shape legislation and regulation governing sports betting, iGaming, and fantasy sports. When you join us, youll play a key role in determining the legal framework for online gaming in states across the nation as well. This position could require travel up for to 30% of the time. It can be based in Boston or primarily remote. Sound good to you? Join us.
What youll do as a Government Affairs Counsel:
- Assist in coordination and oversight of multi-state legislative effort
- Advise on government affairs strategy for our entire organization
- Manage strategy and contract lobbyists and various state efforts
- Develop and maintain relationships with key policymakers
- Review and draft legislation and analyze its impact on the company
- Draft comments on proposed legislation and regulations
- Testify at legislative hearings and meetings
- Assist company in obtaining appropriate licenses
- Monitor developments in the industry and provide relevant and timely insight
- Strategize and coordinate efforts with communications team
- Perform other duties as assigned
What skills you will use:
- Gaming industry with familiarity of laws impacting gaming businesses required
- J.D. and five years of working experience required
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative attitude
- Ability to spot issues and propose solutions
- Ability to timely respond to new demands, priorities, and challenges
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and were great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of techs most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
As a technology company at our core, DraftKings believes that the best innovation comes from diverse perspectives, thoughts, beliefs, ideas, and experiences. We consistently push boundaries and challenge the conventional to ensure our culture and products reflect the expectations of our employees, and the customers we serve.
Were proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. Well never discriminate against anyones background or creed. If youre good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.
You may be required to become licensed through applicable regulatory agencies.