This is a remote, US-based role. We will be looking to fill this role sometime in 2021 - please send your resume if you'd like to be considered.
As a Kubernetes Engineer, youll be responsible for helping to build and improve Fairwinds Insights, a platform for auditing Kubernetes clusters for security, efficiency, and reliability issues.
1. Job Description
We are looking for someone who has experience writing code that interfaces with Kubernetes, and who is comfortable researching, architecting, and building new features for our platform.
You will be joining our first full-time software team, as part of a larger initiative to scale our commercial software offering. As one of the first developers at Fairwinds, youll have ample opportunity for personal and professional growth as we ramp up our ability to serve the rapidly expanding Kubernetes market. Youll work with a team to design, scope and execute features on a variety of projects.
We work with these technologies:
2. About you...
- You have 2+ years experience working with Kubernetes
- You are comfortable writing code that interfaces with the Kubernetes API
- You have a desire to contribute creatively to the product roadmap
- Youre interested in the Kubernetes ecosystem and have a strong eagerness to learn
- You know your stuff and are a creative problem solver.
- You can think your way through complex issues, have a keen eye for details, and possess strong analytical and research skills.
- You know how to find answers, and you know when to ask for help.
- Youre organized, communicative, and accountable
- You enjoy being on a team and you own your role entirely, while being open to critique, suggestions, and new ideas.
- Youre able to iterate quickly and adapt to change
3. Why Fairwinds
We all work from home (US remote hours only). We know that the whole world has turned remote as a result of a massive pandemic complicating all of our lives, but we have always been and will continue to be "Remote First".
We are a group of curious and motivated individuals, guided by our values of respect, inclusion, compassion, and kindness.
Fairwinds is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary range is $100-150k plus bonus
- Medical - 100% paid by Company
- Dental - 100% paid by Company
- Vision - 100% paid by Company
- Stock options
- Tax Savings Accounts (FSA)
- Life Insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Remote-first (US remote hours)