At Notarize, were pulling the future closer. As the first company to complete a legal online notarization, online mortgage closing, online will, online auto sale, and countless other critical transactions, were proud of our role in bringing industries into the digital age. Digital transformation at Notarize may require new products, new legislation, new partnerships, or new teams and new ways of working. Weve never shied from doing whatever it takes to help people with lifes most important transactions, online, and were building the team to operate a critical platform company in tomorrows economy.
As our first Knowledge Base Manager, you'll own, manage, and improve all of our knowledge bases and technical documentation. Reporting to our VP, Enterprise Strategy, you'll have the opportunity to make a major impact by developing a deep understanding of our products and turning those insights into compelling and helpful information for a wide variety of end users.
We serve the most stressful moments in people's lives. Our hope is for the person in this role to foster a forward-thinking approach to knowledge acquisition and delivery company-wide, accounting for the very human needs of our users and business stakeholders, as we create a world where formerly complex legal processes become more accessible and understandable, for everyone. If you are a next-level content-wrangler, able to turn older articles into fresh new content, enthusiastic about creating order and clarity from technical complexity, and excited to use your writing skills to make people's lives easier, we would love to meet you.
As our Knowledge Base Manager, you will:
- Be the primary owner for all of Notarize's user-facing knowledge articles, ensuring that our customers have the materials they need to use our platform effectively
- Create thoughtful, helpful documentation that is engaging and accessible to user personas from both technical and non-technical backgrounds
- Ensure a consistent, coherent voice, look, and feel across knowledge base articles
- Develop and oversee a process for periodic reviews to confirm content is relevant, usable, and up to date
- Develop a tracking system for gathering ongoing feedback, identifying gaps with the KB as well as tracking usage of articles for relevance and effectiveness
- Own investigation and solution of gaps in knowledge baseEstablish reporting metrics & dashboards to bring forward most relevant data.
- Present data in clear and consistent manner to present conclusions & recommendations
- Collaborate with internal teams (including Product, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Support, and Success) to understand upcoming product releases and features and proactively build content to fill in KB gaps
- Participate in the RFP process by capturing responses
- Develop tools and processes to facilitate the RFP delivery process
- Capture and manage RFP responses in a knowledge base, ensuring consistent voice across all departments
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years experience in a Knowledge Creation and Management Role
- 3+ years technical writing experience
- 2+ years experience responding to clients Requests For Proposals (RFPs)
- Demonstrated ability to quickly understand technical processes and translate that information into helpful instructions for a varied audience
- Creativity in managing culturally diverse customers, changing requirements, and shifting priorities for product development
- Proficiency with Google Suite, Atlassian tools (Jira and Confluence), and at least two common knowledge management systems (Zendesk, Salesforce, etc)
- Demonstrated success working both independently and cross-functionally to deliver results on time
- Passion for improving customer experience through thoughtful, human-focused business decisions
- Superb communication skills, with a keen attention to detail and a zeal for accuracy
- Resourceful disposition and strong analytical, prioritization, and organizational skills
Some of our benefits:
- Competitive salaries & equity
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental, and vision
- Unlimited PTO & flexible work schedules
- Paid parental leave
- Annual budget for personal learning & development
- Small, cross-functional teams
- Strong emphasis on collaboration & mentorship
- Paid lunches (through Grubhub) & regular Lunch & Learn sessions
Our core values:
- Solve Problems That Matter: We serve some of the most important moments in people's lives. It's a responsibility we embrace by focusing obsessively on the issues that will have a quantifiable impact on our customers and our company growth.
- Yes Before No: We are optimistic about our ability to change lives by transforming outmoded processes. We believe our efforts can create a better future, and it is our attitude that will allow us to pull that future closer.
- Start With Why: We don't presume to understand the intentions of the people around us, whether coworkers or customers. We ask honest questions and listen to feedback in order to gain insight, build trust, and create memorable experiences.
- Stamp Together: We create a strong team and a welcoming workplace by valuing diverse perspectives. Every role in our organization is supported and valued equally, without regard to location or background.
Notarize is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We'd love to hear from you.
More Jobs From