Were passionate marketers, engineers and innovators building the technology to power the future of commerce. Were a B2B SaaS platform helping the worlds most interesting retailers and direct-to-consumer brands remove friction from the customer experience to deliver recurring revenue through subscriptions programs - shifting their consumer interactions from one-and-done transactions to long-lived, highly profitable relationships.
Recent studies show that 75% of direct-to-consumer retailers will offer subscription services by 2023. Ordergroove is a leader in the technology that will allow retailers to do this.
Want to be a part of it? Keep reading
Were hiring a Junior Accountant to join our Finance team. In this role, you will be critical in contributing to the timely completion of accounting functions including our monthly close, account reconciliations, and financial reporting requirements.
This is a hands-on position with a mix of accounting and operational duties. This role will be responsible for assisting in the day to day transaction processing and accounting, preparing account reconciliations in connection with the close process.
We are looking for someone who possesses strong organizational skills with a passion for details. If you are self-motivated, results-oriented and have an upbeat attitude, we would love to chat with you! As we are a startup, this position requires someone who is highly adaptable and comfortable with plenty of change.
What you will do:
- Assist with monthly, quarterly, and annual financial close process (i.e. accruals, prepaids, fixed assets entries.)
- Accounts Payable: Assist with recording vendor invoices and credit card reconciliations
- Assist with billing and accounts receivable, ensuring timely payments from customers
- Assist external accounting firm with annual financial audit
- Assist in preparation of bank and credit card monthly reconciliations
- Assist with other ad hoc requests (e.g., annual financial statement audit)
- Bachelors degree in Accounting
- 1-2 years of relevant accounting experience
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, team-oriented
- Strong problem solving skills; self-starter
- Detailed oriented
- Ability to manage time and competing tasks
Bonus points for:
- Some familiarity with accounting software such as Quickbooks
- Experience in a fast-growing startup in the SaaS space
- Retail technology or e-commerce experience
If you dont meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above - thats okay, nobodys perfect! We encourage you to apply if you think this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
- Raised $40M from top notch investors
- Headquartered in the heart of NYC with fully remote culture
- Over 100 clients including
- The Honest Company, Unilever, KIND Snacks & L'Oreal
- Meet some of the team youll be working with: Sopie Johnson & Brendan McGovern
In 2000, subscriptions transformed the software world with SaaS. In 2021, subscriptions are transforming the retail and DTC world as the fastest growing segment of commerce.
Ordergrooves SaaS product enables subscription experiences for hundreds of brands including The Honest Company, IL MAKIAGE, KIND Snacks, Peet's Coffee, L'Oreal, and Home Depot, shifting consumer interactions from one-and-done transactions to frictionless recurring revenue relationships. Via partnerships with leading eCommerce platforms like Shopify, Salesforce, Adobe Magento and BigCommerce, Ordergroove's omnichannel product coupled with machine learning has processed billions of dollars in subscription volume for tens of millions of consumers.
Recently named one of the 2019 and 2020's Best Companies to Work For in New York, our values celebrate collaboration, different perspectives and curiosity with the goal of getting to the right answer, no matter who came up with it. At Ordergroove we are committed to creating a welcoming and supportive environment for all people. We encourage people with different backgrounds and experiences to join our growing team so that we gain different perspectives and build the best team possible. We demand the best of ourselves and each other and never miss an opportunity to celebrate our successes.
With a fully flexible work from anywhere culture, staying connected and supporting each other are always top of mind. We build our tight-knit community through small group events like trivia night, cooking classes and book clubs. We encourage cross-functional relationships through virtual coffees and we stay close to the business through weekly team updates and quarterly all hands meetings.
At Ordergroove, we focus on flexibility and empowering our team to make the right decisions for themselves. We have flexible PTO (you take vacation when you need it, not when you have earned the hours), a new work-from-anywhere policy (totally remote anywhere in the US, or you can go into the NYC office as much as you would like), and an annual personal development budget that you use for what matters to you (wellness, career development, productivity at home, etc). And of course that is on top of the basics like competitive compensation (including stock options) and incredible, affordable benefits. Come join our amazing team while we enable the fastest growing segment of commerce that makes life easier for millions of consumers every day!