Openly is rebuilding insurance from the ground up, re-imagining, and improving every aspect of the customer experience. Doing this requires a rapidly growing team of amazing, curious, empathetic people with a wide range of skill sets--spanning technology, data science, product, marketing, sales, service, claims handling, finance, etc.
And now is the perfect time to join the journey. Heres why:
- Its working. Were now in eight states and on our way to operating countrywide. We have thousands of agents selling our product and millions of dollars of annual customer premiums.
- Were well backed & stable. We just closed our $40 M Series B fundraise and have years of cash runway in the bank. Were backed by some of the top investors in the world--including Googles Gradient AI-focused fund, Obvious Ventures (Beyond Meat, etc.), and Advance Venture Partners.
- Its not too late! Despite this traction and stability, were still early enough in the journey that theres time to make a real difference during Openlys formative period.
If youd like to understand more about Openlys mission, consider checking out this video from a company pitch we gave several years ago at Techstars. Its outdated (before the initial product launch!) but still telegraphs the journey were on.
We are seeking an experienced Product Manager to help drive our state expansion efforts and bring Openly insurance products to independent agents across the country. This highly visible role offers the opportunity to lead key product management initiatives and interact with business leaders across Technology and Operations within the company. This role requires a self-motivated, high-energy individual who can easily function in a fast-paced, performance-driven environment.
Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Developing and calibrating Openlys homeowners program for new state entries, including UW eligibility, coverage offerings, premium rates and Openly proprietary models
- Analyzing key performance indicators and drivers of profitability, including sales conversion, persistency, customer mix, agent engagement, and other data as we continue to grow our geographic footprint
- Managing our underwriting strategy and inspection processes to optimize risk selection
- Assisting with rate filings and DOI correspondence to ensure timely regulatory approval
- Collaborating with our Technology and Operations teams to successfully implement, launch, and manage our product in every state
- Leading other product management initiatives, such as external data evaluations, market/competitor intelligence, and new product design and development
- 3+ years of experience in insurance product management and product development roles
- Strong technical (SQL) and analytical skills, capable of developing quantitative analyses through data manipulation
- Ability to identify and define complex business problems and develop relevant analytical frameworks to deliver solutions, often operating in ambiguity and leveraging creativity
- Strong communication and project management skills, and the ability to collaborate effectively with people at all levels across the company
- Personal lines P&C experience required, homeowners insurance experience is a plus
- Competitive salary, corporate bonus program, equity position in a start-up company
- Generous medical, dental, vision insurance plans, 401k plus match, FSA benefits
- Generous and fully company-paid parental leave policy
- Work-from-anywhere company that has fully embraced remote working, even prior to COVID restrictions
- Paid Time Off
- Fun, fast-paced, startup environment
U.S. Citizens, Green Card Holders, and those authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer will be considered.
Openly is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Openly is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Openly will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.