You are a hands-on, results driven, UX leader with deep consumer experience who builds world class user experiences. The opportunity to change how millions of families build wealth and the prospect of bringing market beating rates of return to the masses excites you. You’ve been part of building a game changing consumer product before - maybe a couple of times.
You know how to design technology that delights, builds confidence, and delivers value not just with the information presented but with the manner in which it’s delivered. With a deep understanding of our business, data, and technology, you’ll collaborate with management and fellow product team members to create and evolve the Knox platform and customer experience as we grow, innovate, and expand.
Knox is a design-first fintech company. In an industry [real estate and consumer finance] that generally does not lead with design, nor the customer, this orientation will be critical to our success. Delivering a thoughtful, well-executed, seamless, customer experience, on par with the most forward-thinking companies, is key to the Knox brand. Every customer interaction, email, conversation, image, text, and financial statement is an opportunity to delight, impress, build confidence, and deepen the customer relationship. Our communication style and user interfaces are levers to build customer loyalty. Your job will be to lead the development of this vision and make it a reality.
You will be joining a team made up of experienced, successful entrepreneurs with multiple ventures and exits under their belts. The ability to get things done well and quickly is paramount. You will be the leader who owns the end-to-end user experience and makes it a reality. Your goal is to create a world-class customer experience that, along with our demand gen team, drives explosive growth and cultivates evangelist customers.
You should have a solid reputation for making a big impact. You are a seasoned manager who has a passion for and demonstrated success in building and leading world-class teams. In the beginning, you’ll be doing a lot of work with your bare hands. As we grow, you'll lead a group of incredibly talented people to make sure we hit our aggressive goals.
Knox is based in Boston but you can be located anywhere.
- Deliver a world-class user experience on par with or exceeding other top brands in the fintech category
- Own the customer journey - develop and intimately understand the needs and primary concerns of Knox’s various customer profiles
- Deliver seamless, intuitive user experiences for techno-philes and -phobes alike
- Lead a team - small at first - that grows to support Knox as we scale across the US and then across the globe
- Research, create, sketch, prototype user experiences that delight and convert
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions
- Work with growth and product teams to launch user centric products
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs
- Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas
- You’ve led the development of a world class customer experience
- Expertise in UX software such as Sketch, OmniGraffle, Axure, InVision, UXPin, Balsamiq, Framer, and the like is a must
- Ability to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet the vision
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to deliver solutions
- Deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications
- Passionate about resolving user pain points through great design
- Obsessed with all things UX and other areas of design and innovation.
- Experience researching and showcasing knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
Compensation: $150,000/yr + meaningful equity + competitive benefits