Lovepop is on a mission to create one billion magical moments and the best place in the world for hungry, creative problem-solvers. We were first introduced to America on Shark Tank in December 2015 and we have been on a rocket ship ride ever since. We are hiring a Senior Graphic Designer and Illustrator to join our Design Team to help us continue to raise our awesome bar on amazing products. This position will create top notch graphic design and illustrations for our core product (cards and bouquets) that connects with consumers occasion/seasonal needs.
What you'll do here:
- The goal of the Level 3 Illustrator/Graphic Designer is to create original revenue-building graphic design layouts and illustrations for our core products
- The mission will be to create efficiencies, improve timelines, and give undivided attention to this growing category (cards and bouquets)
- This designer will also contribute to the licensed product and new form factor needs as capacity permits.
- Be an effective and collaborative partner to your 3D Product Designer teammates. You will work closely with these designers. They create 3D engineering for the physical product, and this role adds graphics/illustrations to the physical product
What you'll bring to the table:
- Graphic Design, Illustration or related degree
- Minimum 3-5 years of graphic design and illustration experience for physical product
- Expert In-depth knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (need high expertise to work in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop)
- Ability to translate trends for Lovepop product that connect with consumers seasonal needs and occasions
- A passion for design with exceptional skills in typography and layout
- An awareness of current design trends.
- Can work on a multitude of aesthetics/looks for different consumer segments while still maintaining the Lovepop Brand principals.
- Have rigorous attention to detail by thinking through illustration and graphic design from a 360 degree perspective on the products.
- Must have technical experience with laying out print-ready assets, creating graphics, and updating existing design files.
- Customer-focused product development methodology, including applying understanding of job to be done, occasion, giver, and recipient
- Consumer products development experience
- Able to learn/collaborate with 3D software Rhino/ working with remote engineering teams
- Fluent in producing mechanical print files and knowledge on various print production techniques and comfortable producing for different mediums.
You'll be great if you have:
- Displays original thinking and creativity by meeting challenges with thoughtfulness and offering smart solutions.
- Proactive to gather necessary information pertaining to projects.
- Experience managing projects from concept to final delivery with ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload.
- Ability to follow and effectively execute directions given, as well as being receptive to constructive feedback.
- Demonstrates exceptional attention to details with accuracy and thoroughness.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable working within a team environment as well as independently with minimal supervision.
- Sophisticated creative eye for full understanding of company branding in order to be fully immersed.
- Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor.
- Positive outlook and collaborative spirit
We are headquartered in Boston, MA but embracing remote work across the US.