The world loves Postgres. If you work with developers or data scientists or anyone wrangling data, youll probably see a sticker with the tusks and trunk of the Postgres elephant on the lid of a nearby laptop. EDB has a lot to do with that.
Weve been major contributors to Postgres since the beginning, and we are proud to call thousands of boundary pushing customers our partners. Proud though we are, we are not resting on our laurels. Theres plenty of work to do. The good news is that everything we do will impact Postgres, which is to say that it will impact the world. No pressure.
Note for applicants: We're open to candidates based near our Bedford, MA headquarters or working remotely in the US (East Coast preferred).
EDB is looking for a Go-to-Market & Technical Sales Enablement Leader based in North America with a global focus. This role focuses on empowering the revenue organization to grow at scale and achieve its desired results for the business. Ideal candidates will take pride in coaching and helping others achieve their goals.
The ideal candidate has technical sales experience with databases and information architecture technologies, but thrives on empowering others to be successful in their roles, and has the creativity and thought-leadership to build and own education programs for EDB and its partners. The candidate must be accommodating to global time zones and obligations outside of normal business hours.
This role will report to the Vice President of Go-to-Market & Enablement.
- Sales strategy and sales cycle operationalization
- Enablement of technical sales team (onboarding, continuous education, certification, skill development)
- Enablement & training for the global partner community
At least 2-3+ years of experience in database sales Additionally, at least 2-3 years of direct experience (in the past 5 years) in the following areas:
- Speaking & presentation skills
- Ability to deliver training topics to internal EnterpriseDB sales & GTM resources
- Desire to speak and be in front of team
- Sales knowledge & experience
- Information architecture or database sales experience
- Database ecosystem knowledge (e.g. Business Intelligence tools, Kafka, Openshift, Kubernetes)
- Knowledge and experience with sales processes and methodologies (e.g. MEDDIC)
- Knowledge and experience with SalesForce.com
- Training & Education experience
- Experience and ability in creating training, educational programs and content (PowerPoints, certifications / tests, FAQs, etc.)
- Ability to work with product, engineering, marketing, and sales teams to create content & material for training purposes
- Motivated self-starter and self-learner. Does not need to be micro-managed and can identify what needs to be address
- Passionate about sales efficiency and effectiveness
- Extroverted qualities
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at once
- Team player someone who operates in the open and solicited advice and guidance from peers
- Technology skills
- Experience with Showpad is a plus, but other sales enablement tool experience is beneficial
- Ability to create and edit podcasts and videos
- Database skills
- Sales experience with relational databases, specifically Postgres
- Postgres experience
- 5+ years of enablement or training experience
- Ability to create public facing material (blogs / vlogs, social media, etc.)
We know it takes a unique mix of people and skills to help us in our mission to supercharge Postgres, and we understand that not everyone will check every box. Wed love to hear from you and we want you to apply!
EDB is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. EDB was built on a commitment to trust and respect each other and to embrace an array of people and ideas. These values remain at the center of our culture and are key to our companys integrity.