What were building
At Tidelift, we help organizations effectively manage the open source behind modern applications. Through the Tidelift Subscription, we deliver a comprehensive management solution, including the tools to create customizable catalogs of known-good, proactively maintained components backed by Tidelift and its open source maintainer partners.
Tidelift enables organizations to accelerate development and reduce risk when building applications with open source, so they can create even more incredible software, even faster.
We're well-funded and growing fast. You will play a large role in tackling challenging problems and helping build the company, while learning alongside our experienced team.
We are looking for an Enterprise Account Executive, who will report to our Head of Sales. You will own a pipeline of mid to large, targeted enterprise prospects and a quota for acquiring new customers (subscribers). You will have access to a myriad of resources, from a healthy inbound lead funnel to sales acceleration tools, to help you achieve your goal. You will play a key role leading the early sales team through continuous feedback, and refinement of our sales process.
Our prospects are primarily engineering leaders at companies ranging in size from 5,000 employees and up. Our product is not overly complicated, but our audience is very technical. Familiarity with the software development life-cycle and the day-to-day job of a software developer or team manager will be to your advantage.
We strive for work-life harmony: we believe in doing good work, with urgency and pragmatism, but at a sustainable pace. We value big impact over long hours.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Prospecting into your target accounts
- Qualifying leads and developing them into opportunities
- Demonstrating our product to both technical and business minded audiences
- Negotiating and closing opportunities with a focus on product fit and retention
- Sourcing additional leads as appropriate to hit and exceed your number
- Experience selling an enterprise B2B software application; on-demand/SaaS or IT Infrastructure Management solution to a technical audience (IT Heads / DevOps / Security Operations, etc)
- Ability to communicate effectively with both developers and executives
- Track record of achievement demonstrated by exceeding your quota
- Understanding of the nuances of selling open source technology
- Ability to operate in an entrepreneurial environment - you have an abiding technical curiosity and commitment to growing new markets
Were trying to build a healthy, values-driven culture. We want to be:
- Optimistic: We see an amazing future ahead, and want to inspire others to share in it. This is both internalbuilding each other up and looking for the best in peopleand externalwe know open source is awesome, and we want to make it even better.
- Practical: We know words and ideas alone wont change lives. We help people most by creating a pragmatic, viable, and sustainable business that works for everyone. So we care about usability, design, and honest assessment of costs and benefits.
- Additive: We want an environment that encourages and inspires growth, both for individuals and for the open source community as a whole. That means embracing a growth mindset, and valuing culture add over culture fit.
- Inclusive: We believe technology will be stronger when it better reflects the voices and ideas of society as a whole. So we want people from different backgrounds and experiences to not just be represented, but to be heard, valued, and flourish. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
In this role, you would have the option to work remotely anywhere in the US.
We believe in the urgency of our mission and the importance of doing good work, but also know this is a marathon and not a sprint. Hours can be flexible within reason if necessary to meet personal needs (like child, medical, or elder care).
Compensation, benefits, and career
Compensation is competitive with other Boston-area startups, including health insurance, flexible vacation, 401(k), short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending, parental leave, work from home stipend and equity.
We invest in every employees growth, and support professional development ($5K annually) that aligns with your goals and how you learn best.
How to apply
Fill out the form below. We'd love it if you add a thoughtful note about your goals and your background. Well get back to you promptly!