Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, were making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, were bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who were looking for:
Starry has developed a critical partnership with a large Utility partner to fund and build networks in expansion markets. We are looking for a strong leader with experience in large partnerships, network roll out and managing businesses. Serve as Starrys day to day leader of the Utility partnership operations. Ensure the partnership develops, that market expansion roll out is executed within the parameters of the partnership - on budget, timeline, quality and safety.
What youll do:
- Lead the partnership execution and operations in partner markets with zero tolerance for missing goals or underperforming
- Develop and execute network deployment and maintenance plans using partners, vendors and Starry teams, leveraging strong leadership, management and technical expertise
- Plan and deploy networks to industry and Starry defined standards
- Develop relationships with partner counterparts and stakeholders
- Work with the partner counterpart to drive development of partnership revenue, deployment and subscriber performance
- Oversight of safety and compliance measures are satisfied to both entities standards
- Work with in-market team to drive market growth to partnership goals
- Bring a creative, entrepreneurial approach to problem solving and meeting goals
- Manage budget tracking, cost estimation, and cost accounting of market plans
- Ensure safety and compliance measures are satisfied to Starry and Utility partner standard
- Travel 50-75% of the time to support network needs in remote markets
Who you are and what you bring to Starry:
- You have a BA/BS degree, in a technical discipline, with equivalent practical experience delivering networks/projects in greenfield and brownfield environments
- Experience with large scale deployments in telecom, or other utility areas ideally with an industry EF&I service provider
- You have 6-8 years direct experience in managing high level business groups or partnerships
- Broad experience with equipment vendors and labor contract partner selection, negotiation and project management for networking equipment
- Ability to lead in depth periodic business reviews with vendors and partners, focusing on performance, quality , corrective actions etc.
- Good knowledge of metro fiber networks, GPON, DWDM, RF Backhaul, in building wiring (twisted pair and coax) and PtMP radio networks
- Experience and deep knowledge of telco construction services (including ordering and installation): power distribution plants, fiber, ethernet, permitting, zoning, vendor equipment requirements, antennas, UPS, weatherproofing, and grounding
- Familiar with radio frequency networks, RF principles and coverage and high-availability network design and site construction: i.e. line of sight (LOS), Fresnel zone interference, multipath, signal reflection
- You are a communicator; able to delegate appropriately
- You have hands-on experience in managing both construction contractors and the required staff to bring these projects to market
- This role will closely track and summarize progress and KPIs to the management team
- Must be able to adhere to OSHA safety guidelines and wear personal protective gear correctly and as required
- 100% employer paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and stock option grants in a privately-held company
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, community clubs, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.