CreateMe is a research and development company at the intersection of automation, apparel, and customization driving on-demand manufacturing, at speed and scale. Were breaking down barriers through trailblazing, frictionless technology that provides an end-to-end solution that is set to revolutionize individualism.
Were based in New York Citys Soho neighborhood with a microfactory in Brooklyn and a manufacturing R&D lab in San Francisco's Dogpatch neighborhood.
About the Role:
The Director of Software Engineering will report directly to the CTO and will play a key role in making the company's vision a reality by growing and shaping the team from the ground up. You will collaborate closely with Software and Hardware Product Management to scope and build the complex software features required to fulfill our advanced manufacturing vision and drive all aspects of the software development capabilities including:
- Hire, onboard, mentor and support the career growth of your direct reports and create teams that model physiological safety and inclusivity
- Demonstrate and evangelize best practices for the rest of the engineering team, and ensure only high-quality code gets shipped
- Remain hands-on to ensure that you are sufficiently familiar with the code
- Drive engineering processes and provide input for architecture decisions and prototypes.
- 7+ years experience developing enterprise production applications, at least one of which is e-commerce
- 2+ years experience, leading, developing and mentoring engineers
- Demonstrated skills architecting and managing a microservices-based infrastructure
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously as both a contributor and a manager
- Strong working knowledge of both Node and Typescript, familiarity with React
- Excellent communication skills and ability to convey complex technical information to non-technical stakeholders.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Experience with SSR and distributed systems
- Familiarity with C#
- Experience building a solution that has a complex physical fulfillment model (eg Blue Apron)
- Opinionated and able to discuss/explain technology decisions, patterns, and practices and be persuasive, but can also capitalize on disagreement by incorporating perspectives that differ from your own.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure fast paced environment
- Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of ambiguity
- Experience and familiarity with manufacturing processes and concepts, particularly apparel manufacturing.
Working at CreateMe:
- Be a part of a community and take part in our lunch'n learns and team outings
- Stay healthy and happy through our comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Take time away from the office through our flexible Paid Time Off
- Learn and grow through formal and informal learning opportunities
- Save for the future with our 401(k) program + match
At CreateMe Technologies, we value diversity and treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.