Want to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth? Financial inequality is increasing, and too many people are getting left behind. At Stash, we are passionate about democratizing wealth creation through education, advice, and products that help customers achieve greater financial freedom.
As the Director of Product Design, you are responsible for the creation of a frictionless experience that empowers and delights customers. Reporting to the VP, Product Design, and Research, you will shape a clear vision of the future of user experience, pursue forward-thinking design, and deliver at a high bar. You will partner with Product and Engineering teams to develop amazing user experiences that reimagine, innovate, and redefine the financial space. Stash is a fast-paced growth companyjoin us to work on hard, important problems, have fun, and make history.
What Youll Do
- Champion and cultivate a culture of user-centered design through every touchpoint in the customer journey.
- Simplify complexity by breaking down tough problems and aligning senior Product leaders on customer-centered solutions.
- Responsible for all phases of product design work: distilling research, ideation, reviews, prototyping, final spec design, and implementation.
- Contribute to strategic roadmaps with cross-functional partners, and manage multiple complex schedules and stakeholders.
- Create positive behaviour design thinking, ideas, and solutions to help customers develop healthy financial habits.
- Foster collaborative relationships with Engineering, Product, and Brand Creative to deliver a unified mission and message for our customers.
- Develop repeatable, scalable mechanisms, and approaches to how we do our best work.
- Have the backbone to make tough calls, prioritize work, and stand for quality when products are not ready to ship.
Who You Are
- Human-centered UX design leader that drives strategic product innovation and relentlessly raises the design bar.
- An expert communicator at every level with the ability to flex between influencing executives and inspiring team members.
- An emotionally intelligent (EQ) leader that hires and develops the best, growing, and inspiring designers to push the boundaries of whats possible.
- Great collaborator and team player - you understand design is a team sport and when we win, we win together.
- Relationship builder that actively develops cross-org partnerships, fosters trust, and aligns stakeholders.
- Ability to balance data with customer insights to inform design decisions.
- Thought leader with an entrepreneurial spirit, that will make an imprint on our movement to empower everyday Americans to drive their financial future
What You Bring to the Table
- 12+ years of experience in creating strategy and designing digital products.
- 8+ years of leading teams and managing people.
- Experience working with designers, product management, and engineering.
- Proven track record of delivering successful products.
We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products out there. Our success is directly related to the employees that we hire, grow and retain and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
Benefits & Perks:
- Equity in Stash
- Flexible Vacation
- Flexible Remote
- Family-Friendly Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Learning & Development & Ergonomic Work Space Stipends
- Commuter Benefits and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee referral bonuses
- Team outings that do not involve trust falls...
Awards & Recognition:
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019 & 2020)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product - Stock-Back Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
- Built in NYC's Best Places to work (2019)
- MarCom Awards Double Gold & Platinum Winner (2018)
- Webby Award Winner for Best Mobile Sites & Apps in the Financial Services and Banking category (2017)
- W3 Awards Winner for Best User Experience (2017)
**No recruiters, please.