A bit about us:
Were on a mission to change healthcare how its paid for, delivered, experienced. We want to put people center stage, not process or profit. We are guided by a deep belief that every person on Medicare should be treated like we would treat a member of our own family: with loving care and a profound commitment to their health and well-being.
Thats why were gathering a whole bunch of smart, big-hearted people to create a new kind of healthcare company one that combines compassion, health insurance, clinical care, and technology seamlessly.
We want to throw the long ball with people we love for a cause we believe in. Life is short. Join us.
A bit about this role:
The Sr Manager, Medicare Marketing will be responsible for building, leading, and managing a team responsible for B2B marketing launches (providers/brokers/partnerships), field sales/telesales/broker enrollment enablement, development of medicare regulated marketing materials in support of growth and brand goals, and support of compliant and accurate DTC campaign launches.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop annual marketing plans and template library for integrated partnership-based campaigns with providers in support of growth and performance goals
- Develop annual marketing launch strategy within new launch markets in partnership with growth acquisition team
- Accountability to develop, review, and launch CMS approved and on-time materials in support of existing and new plans: Evidences of Coverage, Summary of Benefits, Enrollment Forms, ANOCs, Formulary, and Directory
- Develop and execute SOPs, policies/procedures that support medicare compliance marketing training, and production workflows that solve for uber-compliant, agile, effective and personalized marketing campaigns
Required skills and experience:
- Strong knowledge of Medicare Advantage industry standards and guidelines
- Ideally 5-10+ years experience in Medicare Advantage marketing and/or health insurance marketing. *Unfortunately, candidates without a proven track record in Medicare, Medicare Advantage, or payer marketing will not be considered.
- Ability to develop compliant, scalable, and accurate enrollment and marketing assets that comply with CMS requirements and business needs. Someone who thrives in a highly-regulated, highly collaborative, high-speed environment.
- Detail-oriented, well-organized, strong problem-solving skills to collaborate with Compliance and Product teams to establish training, audit, and response procedures related to marketing-related activities and QA process for accurate and personalized benefit communication across all materials
- Knowledge and exposure to field sales, broker marketing, provider marketing, and local opportunities to scale across diverse markets and partners
- Entrepreneurial, proactive, and flexible leader comfortable in a high growth environment with an ability to manage a high performing team and proactively work across an organization
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, and if you are looking for a disruptive startup with an inspiring and talented team, Devoted Health may be the place for you!
Devoted is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a safe and supportive work environment in which all employees have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business. We value diversity and collaboration. Individuals are respected for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in Devoteds Code of Conduct, our company values and the way we do business.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, marital status, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.