Stash is pioneering the future of personal finance with the first financial subscription that helps people create better lives. From budgeting to saving for retirement, Stash unites banking, investing, and advice all in one app that has helped more than 5M people reach their financial goals and make progress towards financial freedom.
As the Director, Learning & Talent Management at Stash, you will act as a partner to our entire organization and will work closely with our HRBP. Reporting to the Chief People Officer, you will design and run people programs that build a great bench of talent and drive top performance through creation of management development programs and talent initiatives. This is an individual contributor role for someone who can think strategically and likes being hands on, and who thrives in an ever-changing startup ecosystem.
What youll do:
- Grow our front line managers. Create and deliver a management development program including curricula, program and course design for a distributed workforce.
- Partner with HRBP in creating trainings and just in time manager guides that reinforce learning and make tools extremely accessible for all facets of the manager role.
- Help existing managers and leaders evolve their strategic skills, enhance communications, build collaboration and develop vision. Create a leadership model and design/ deliver leadership development program(s).
- Ensure all employees have Development Plans.
- Evolve our onboarding program, creating the tools and orientation program that ensure all new hires are set up for success with robust onboarding agendas.
- Support creation of programs to address needs uncovered in 360s and performance reviews.
- Partner with CPO and HRBP in doing talent assessments.
- Partner with TA to develop and present Interview Training.
- Partner with Diversity Manager in developing DEI educational programs.
- Update and define career ladders for the organization and for each function.
- Help create corporate action plans for engagement survey.
- Design/ facilitate team interventions, new manager assimilation, and other meetings to drive workplace effectiveness.
What were looking for:
- 10+ years progressive Learning/ OD/ Talent Management/ Human Resources experience, preferable in tech and/or fast paced, highly engaged, start-up environment
- Expertise in management development programs - from concept through delivery
- Demonstrated background determining curricula, instructional design, platform delivery/ facilitation using traditional and technology driven platforms.
- Superb communication skills, business acumen, and coaching, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment
- Experience quickly diagnosing challenges, strategizing solutions and implementing change
- Quick and active learner
- Results/action orientation with strong planning and execution skills
- Strong familiarity with government compliance regulations and best practices/protocols
We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products out there. Our success is directly related to the employees that we hire, grow and retain and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
Benefits & Perks:
- Equity in Stash
- Flexible Vacation
- Flexible Remote
- Family-Friendly Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Learning & Development & Ergonomic Work Space Stipends
- Commuter Benefits and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee referral bonuses
- Team outings that do not involve trust falls...
Awards & Recognition:
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019 & 2020)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product - Stock-Back Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
- Built in NYC's Best Places to work (2019)
- MarCom Awards Double Gold & Platinum Winner (2018)
- Webby Award Winner for Best Mobile Sites & Apps in the Financial Services and Banking category (2017)
- W3 Awards Winner for Best User Experience (2017)
**No recruiters, please.