Director, Internal Communications
At Skillsoft, we are all about making work matter. We believe every team member has the potential to be AMAZING. We are bold, sharp, driven and most of all, real. Join us in our quest to democratize learning and help individuals unleash their edge.
The Director of Internal Communications will be responsible for the development and execution of the overall internal communications strategy for Skillsoft. In this newly created role, you will develop, lead, and implement internal communications strategies to support the companys brand, culture, purpose, and direction. Your responsibilities will also include defining and implementing our executive communications strategy and framework, aligning to Skillsofts business objectives.
- Develop and implement company-wide internal communication strategies and programs that engage, inspire, and align employees with Skillsofts brand, vision, priorities, and key initiatives.
- Develop scalable channels to share information and ensure employees are kept apprised of key activities. Oversee, generate and/or edit written and visual content and messaging for these channels.
- Design and implement employee engagement activities to promote awareness and adoption of the brand, build brand ambassadors.
- Oversee and develop executive communications providing counsel to executive leaders as needed and developing messaging to ensure they have a unified approach in sharing our strategy and goals consistently.
- Develop best practices/KPIs to enable continuous improvement of the internal communications function.
- Serve as key internal brand ambassador for Skillsoft
- Oversee Corporate Social Responsibility to promote employee engagement and build internal awareness.
- Liaise with PR/AR, content marketing and brand strategy to ensure integrated communications planning and execution.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 12+ years experience in internal/employee communications within a global organization.
- A minimum of a Bachelors degree in Communications, Marketing, Writing, English, Public Relations, or related field.
- Proven experience working cross culturally.
- Demonstrated ability to work with senior leadership teams.
- Ability to identify and analyze business and audience needs to deliver messages via the most appropriate mix of channels.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver organizational messages using various communication modes for transparency and clarity of messages with teams in a consistent and timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and respond quickly to organizational needs, demonstrating resiliency in various situations, adapting quickly to changing needs of the business.
- Superior writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with multiple and changing priorities while maintaining strong focus on execution and results.
- Highly organized and self-motivated.
Personally Accountable for Team Success. We unleash our edge together.
Confident Achievers. We are bold.
Intellectually Curious. We are sharp.
Adaptable, Agile & Resilient. We are driven.
Customer First. We are real.
MORE ABOUT SKILLSOFT:
Skillsoft delivers online learning, training, and talent solutions to help organizations unleash their edge. Leveraging immersive, engaging content, Skillsoft enables organizations to unlock the potential in their best assets their people and build teams with the skills they need for success. Empowering 36 million learners and counting, Skillsoft democratizes learning through an intelligent learning experience and a customized, learner-centric approach to skills development with resources for Leadership Development, Business Skills, Technology & Development, Digital Transformation, and Compliance.
Skillsoft and SumTotal are partners to thousands of leading global organizations, including many Fortune 500 companies. The company features three award-winning systems that support learning, performance and success: Skillsoft learning content, the Percipio intelligent learning experience platform, and the SumTotal suite for Talent Development, which offers measurable impact across the entire employee lifecycle. Learn more at www.skillsoft.com.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we would love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.
Skillsoft is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer: It is the policy of Skillsoft Corporation to provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability (mental or physical), protected veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by law.