The world loves Postgres. If you work with developers or data scientists or anyone wrangling data, youll probably see a sticker with the tusks and trunk of the Postgres elephant on the lid of a nearby laptop. EDB has a lot to do with that.
Weve been major contributors to Postgres since the beginning, and we are proud to call thousands of boundary pushing customers our partners. Proud though we are, we are not resting on our laurels. Theres plenty of work to do. The good news is that everything we do will impact Postgres, which is to say that it will impact the world. No pressure.
Note for applicants: We're open to someone based near our Bedford, MA headquarters or working remotely in the US (Eastern time zone only).
EnterpriseDB seeks a Commercial Sales leader to manage a team of commercial (inside sales) executives across North America. If you have fire in the belly, a desire to coach others, and experience in an inside sales leadership position, we want to talk to you!
This resource will report to the Vice President of Go-to-Market.
The Sr. Manager of Commercial Sales will manage a team of sales professionals across North America. These sales reps are focused primarily on winning new business for EDB from customers with annual revenue less than ~$1 billion.
- Meet and exceed quarterly quotas (assuming youd like to tap into excellent accelerators!)
- Ensure sales reps source sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound prospecting
- Collaborate with the sales development and marketing teams.
- Coaching the team to understand customer needs, pain points, and requirements
- Enforce that the team researches accounts, identifies key decision makers, and generates interest in EDB
- Collaborate with channel partners to build pipeline and close deals
- Bachelors degree or equivalent professional experience
- Proven inside sales or business development leadership experience
- Complex technical sales experience (database product preferred)
- Exceptional interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Experience with Salesforce.com, SalesLoft, ZoomInfo, and other marketing tools preferred
- Highly motivated and goal oriented
We know it takes a unique mix of people and skills to help us in our mission to supercharge Postgres, and we understand that not everyone will check every box. Wed love to hear from you and we want you to apply!
EDB is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. EDB was built on a commitment to trust and respect each other and to embrace an array of people and ideas. These values remain at the center of our culture and are key to our companys integrity.