Have you ever been online trying to pay a bill, and thought to yourself: why are you making it so hard for me to give you my money? Thats the problem we solve for mid-market organizations across multiple verticalsprimarily utilities, local government, insurance, and consumer finance organizations.
Invoice Clouds SaaS customer engagement, e-billing, and payment platform helps accelerate collections, improve security, reduce costs, and enhance the customer experience.
As a company that values diversity, equity, and inclusion, Invoice Cloud seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this position. Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are diverse, so were building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups we are building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
The Platform Automation team at Invoice Cloud designs, builds, and operates the end-to-end automated software delivery platform with core focus on automated test, build and release pipelines and Agile/DevOps coaching. The platform teams mission is to enable and empower a growing software product engineering organization to plan, code, build, test, release, and monitor applications that leverage cloud-native technologies in a highly scalable, reliable, predictable, and secure manner. These applications support our industry-leading SaaS customer engagement, e-billing, and payment platform used by thousands of businesses and millions of customers.
With its market-leading solutions, partnership model and vertical focus, Invoice Cloud is scaling rapidly with an annual organic growth rate of approximately 40% plus further growth from acquisitions. Within a few years, Invoice Cloud expects to process hundreds of millions of transactions annually. To realize this journey and future growth, we are looking for a Director of Platform Automation Engineering to lead our diverse group of engineers and managers in Quality Engineering, DevOps, and Agile transformation centers of excellence. Reporting to the CTO, you will champion test-driven development, automated testing, lean agile & DevOps mindset across the engineering organization. The ideal individual is an influential software engineering leader with necessary experience to scale automated Quality and DevOps engineering practices and implemented agile transformation to increase business and engineering agility, quality, and customer experience. This role will work closely with technology senior leadership group (CTO, VP Software Engineering, VP Data Services, VP Systems & Security) to assist in formulating technology strategies and roadmaps, build and grow high-performance engineering teams. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who has a passion for servant leadership, agile principles and values, favor DevOps practices, and keen to solve business problems.
This is a remote opportunity with preference for candidates to be based out of Texas, Virginia, Utah, or Massachusetts.
First 90 days
- Develop an understanding of the current business model, major initiatives, and key stakeholders.
- Develop an understanding of the current software engineering, testing, DevOps processes, and tools.
- Become familiar with key systems design, hosting and operational processes.
- Identity and prioritize key initial initiatives and areas of improvement to accelerate maturity in Agile, DevOps and Quality.
- Begin recruiting to fill any identified talent gaps
The Director of Platform Automation Engineering will have a broad set of responsibilities including the following:
- Set technical vision and direction for the Quality Engineering, DevOps, and Agile transformation centers of excellence. Ensure the team understands companys vision and that they are inspired and motivated to help realize it.
- Partner with senior leaders in Product and Engineering organization in driving evolution and advancement of the engineering, testing, releasing, and monitoring practices.
- Oversee the overall development pipeline. Work with teams in creating processes and tools to ensure the software delivery pipeline flows regularly, consistently, timely, efficiently and with high quality.
- Assist platform engineers in the research, build and management of the CI/CD platform infrastructure and complex integrations.
- Work closely with Quality Engineering Director and senior engineers to architect and develop the best end to end automated testing platform and processes.
- Take active role in establishing test-driven development practice across all teams through hands-on training and workshops.
- Participate in the full recruiting process including attracting and closing on high talent candidates for key roles - Quality Engineer, DevOps Platform Engineer, Scrum Master.
- Instill and foster lean Agile, CI/CD, DevOps and SRE culture to entire engineering team.
- Take a hands-on approach to coach and mentor the team in developing their Agile, Automated Testing and DevOps skill sets; demonstrate full ownership and accountability for teams initiatives.
- Ensure build, release and deployment goals and deadlines are met in a fast-paced environment.
- Measure and monitor progress on quality, reliability, predictability, and security of our engineering delivery.
- Foster a technical culture that fosters high ambition, accountability, and desire to make an impact.
- Encourage a highly communicative culture that ensures open, transparent, and consistent exchange with key stakeholders
- Ensure security and compliance is built-in and not an afterthought.
- Ensure 24x7 automated monitoring of environments and services by working with development and operations teams.
- Participate in periodic on-call, support of after-hours deployment/maintenance windows.
- Strategic thinking, planning and execution
- Problem solving
- Collaboration, Communication
- Emotional intelligence
- People skills
- Career Development
- Project planning
Who We Seek
- 10+ years of engineering experience and proven track record in implementing Agile, DevOps and Quality Engineering transformation.
- 5+ years of proven success as an engineering leader.
- 5+ years of experience in enterprise software development, preferably within financial services or FinTech (banking, lending, payments).
- 5+ years of hands-on technical leadership experience in quality engineering practices, test automation (unit testing, API testing, Acceptance testing), CI/CD, SDLC, etc.
- 5+ years of strong experience in adopting lean, agile software delivery practices like Scrum, Kanban etc.
- Detailed knowledge of software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including agile planning, coding standards, code reviews, source control, build and release processes, continuous deployment, and test suite development and maintenance.
- Strong expertise in manual and automated test planning and execution while building modern test frameworks and infrastructure.
- Knowledge of tools like Jira, Azure DevOps, Selenium, Postman, Jenkins, Sonarqube, Docker, Kubernetes, and Sauce Labs.
- Deep technical understanding of key cloud technologies like containerization, messaging, micro services.
- Knowledge of automation and scripting or related infrastructure-as-code concepts with configuration management tools (e.g., Ansible, Istio, Chef, Puppet), preferably Terraform.
- Understanding of the software security best practices.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills with customers, vendors, and other engineering teams, solving complex system problems together.
- Experience working in highly regulated, security-focused environments (familiar with setting up controls and processes around HIPAA, PCI, SOC 2 or similar frameworks).
Invoice Cloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Invoice Cloud provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected].
About Invoice Cloud:
Our mission is to bring the Fortune 100 e-payment experience to organizations who dont have the time/energy/resources to build it themselves. The platform has been designed in a way that consistently yields more online payments and paperless enrollments -- driving the positive business outcomes our clients want. Invoice Clouds 25% YoY same store sales growth is a testament to how effective the service is.
Invoice Cloud was #902 on the 2018 Inc 5000 list, with a 3-year growth of 550% and named the 3rd fastest growing company in Boston by the Boston Business Journal.
To all recruitment agencies: Invoice Cloud does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees, or any other organization location. Invoice Cloud is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.