6 River Systems is a Shopify (SHOP) company leading the way to faster fulfillment. E-commerce has changed the world and 6 River Systems is building solutions to power winning warehouses of the future.
Were revolutionizing warehouse automation with collaborative mobile robots driven by artificial intelligence and advanced cloud-based software.
Director, Data Analytics and Insights
We are looking for a Director of Analytics and Data Insights to define a strategic vision for how 6RS can harness the power of data as a competitive advantage. And to build and lead a high performing team that drives data-informed decisions across 6RS. As a data leader, you will embody and enthusiastically champion a collaborative data-driven culture across the company, establishing a Center of Excellence for data and analytics and democratizing data-driven insights through knowledge sharing, best practices and subject matter expertise.
You will collaborate and forge strong relationships with stakeholders across the company. Including but not limited to:
- Senior Leaders to identify and assess new opportunities, and influence 6RS strategic priorities
- Product Management to prioritize roadmap features based measure continuous system improvement
- Customer Success to optimize outcomes with customers, expand existing relationships, and achieve continuous improvement goals
- Sales and Solutions Design to demonstrate the business value we provide with insights
- Engineering to manage cross platform analytics and data warehousing strategy and tools
The ideal candidate will have:
- A degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Information Technology, Applied Mathematics or a related quantitative field
- 10+ years working in a growing Data Insights organization, including 5+ years in a senior leadership role
- Experience scaling and leading Analytics/Data Science teams of ~10-30 rock stars
- Extensive experience with various analytics tools and reporting and visualization tools like Tableau, SQL, Python, and Google BigQuery
- SaaS experience
Our culture is built on trust, smarts, and collaboration. We encourage open discussion about particularly challenging problems. We are passionate about hiring diverse teams and providing great products for our customers.
Recognized by the Boston Globe as a Top Place to Work, 6RS provides an excellent work environment. At 6RS, you will find the entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up with the stability of a public company.
About 6 River Systems
Founded in Waltham, Massachusetts in 2015, 6 River Systems is a leading collaborative mobile robotics fulfilment solution and part of global commerce company Shopify. Founders Jerome Dubois and Rylan Hamilton were previously executives at Kiva Systems (now Amazon Robotics). The 6 River Systems solution is operating in more than 20 facilities in the U.S., Canada and Europe, fulfilling millions of units each week for companies including Lockheed Martin, CSAT Solutions, ACT Fulfillment, DHL, XPO Logistics, and Office Depot. To learn more, visit www.6river.com.
Shopify is a leading global commerce company, providing trusted tools to start, grow, market, and manage a retail business of any size. Shopify makes commerce better for everyone with a platform and services that are engineered for reliability, while delivering a better shopping experience for consumers everywhere. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Shopify powers over one million businesses in more than 175 countries and is trusted by brands such as Allbirds, Gymshark, PepsiCo, Staples, and many more. For more information, visit www.shopify.com.