Rightpoint, a Genpact company (NYSE: G) is a global experience leader. Over 700 employees across 12 offices work with clients end-to-end, from defining and enabling vision, to ensuring ongoing market relevance. Our diverse teams lead with empathy, data and creativityalways in service of the experience. From whiteboard to roll-out, we help our clients embed experience across their operations from front to back office to accelerate digital transformation through a human-centric lens. Rightpoint has been recognized among the top customer experience consultancies in The Forrester Wave: Customer Experience Strategy Consulting Practices, Q4 2020.
Are you someone who wants to create change in the way business is done? Do you want to work with inspired and like-minded intrapreneurs? Us too! We take our work very seriously, but we have fun doing it. And were searching for passionate, talented people to join the Rightpoint team.
Our Commitment to You
No matter who you are, where you come from, whom you love, what you believe, or what you geek out about, we bring people together to do great work. That's what makes us Rightpoint!
The Data Engineering Lead will be responsible for leading the definition for how data will be used to transform our ways of working to deliver an exceptional experience to Rightpoints core clients. You will set the vision for the Data Engineering practice, how data should be positioned on client work, and delivery of the work.
You are responsible for working cross-functionally with our Data Practice comprised of data analysts and architects, as well as throughout the Rightpoint organization, to define and implement advanced data processes. The Data Engineering Director is in a leadership position within our Data Practice, partnering to define data requirements for impactful analysis and modeling, while working with technology and client teams on recommendations for forward thinking data integration. The appropriate candidate will share ownership of relationships at the executive sponsor-level across a variety of industries, and support peers and other clients within the Rightpoint portfolio.
What Youll Do & The Impact Youll Make
- Ability to foster an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment. Youll play an active role in counselling and mentoring team members across the organization by providing structured and on-the-job feedback.
- Ability to work on multiple priorities that span different areas of focus. You should feel comfortable talking to business stakeholders, analysts, UX and visual designers as well as technologists and developers.
- An entrepreneurial spirit who is excited by ambiguity, operates autonomously and can make informed decisions on the fly, grounded in a digital transformation point of view.
- This is a client facing role, experience at a consultancy is a plus.
- Advanced SQL and proficiency in database structures
- Relevant experience with HIVE and/or other HIVE tools (Impala, mapR, etc)
- Experience with cloud data services such as AWS and Microsoft Azure
- Expertise with setting up and building ETL and data pipelines using SQL, Python Spark, and tools such as databricks, SSIS, etc
- Expertise in BI tools and data visualization understanding of how data sources can connect and be implemented for analysis and modeling
- Proficiency designing data models
- Statistics knowledge and strong analytical thinking
- Ability to structure, implement and maintain quality control for data solutions
- Work as a data wrangler and consultant to understand current state and client goals and objectives
- Partner with data analysts and data scientists to define complex, integrated approaches for Rightpoints clients, from ecommerce solutions, to enhancing customer experiences
- Knowledge of marketing analytics and data products such as CDPs, a plus
What Wed Love to See
- Exhibit confidence and not be afraid to ask questions to bring clarity, share ideas and challenge the norm (think outside the box).
- Exhibit exemplary client service skills, to all people, regardless of level inside or outside of the company.
- Written and verbal communication skills should be professional, concise and effective.
- Exercise confidentiality concerning the affairs of the business. Own your work take initiative, be proactive, anticipate and complete projects in a comprehensive manner while still remembering the details.
- Dont just be the student, be the teacher. Exhibit a willingness to learn, willingness to problem solve and willingness to step in to help others.
- Creativity, capacity and a conviction to innovate and deliver best-in-class solutions.
- The energy and passion to evangelize our service internally and externally.
- Significant experience required. (Commerce and/or Brand experience is a benefit but not a requirement).
Benefits and Perks at Rightpoint
- Flexible PTO
- Casual and open office environment
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Great insurance coverage and flexible spending accounts (Multiple Options!)
- 401k with Company Matching
- Regular Cultural & Social Events including: Volunteering, Game Nights, Cultural and Diversity Spotlights, Happy Hours, Team Outings, Intramural Sports, etc.
- Continuous Training, Certifications, and Learning Opportunities
Rightpoint, a Genpact Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We are committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.