Hi - were Alyce! Founded in 2015 with a tiny team sharing space with a bike repair shop, weve grown up in more ways than one. You can now find us all across the globe with headquarters in Bostons Financial District.
Our software creates authentic Personal Experience moments through gifting, swag, and direct mail to help businesses grow and scale. As the only Personal Experience (PX) Platform, Alyce enables sales, marketing, and customer success teams to create personal bonds with their prospects, customers, and partners. Named G2 leader in Account-based Execution 6 quarters in a row, Alyce bridges the physical and digital worlds to help Enterprises companies better engage, connect, and convert prospects, customers, and employees while delivering measurable results
At Alyce, we value our people above everything else. While we all have our own passions, personalities, objectives, and goals, we are one team that is building something great together. Our differences make us collectively better. We strive to build a supportive and inclusive environment where our team members are recognized and valued for who they are during working hours (9to5) and outside of them (#5to9).
Were proud and honored to be recognized as Comparablys Best Company for Women, Best Company Culture and Best Places to Work in Boston, as well as Bostinnos 50 on Fire, LinkedIns Top 50 Start-Ups of 2020 and Forbes 2021 Best Start-Up Employer.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
The Alyce Team is looking for an individual based in the US (east coast preferred, Boston highly preferred) to lead DevOps and help scale our business.
Reporting into the Head of Engineering, this role is a spotlight position within our technical organization and will also enable you to gain exposure into the fast-pace phase of an early stage SaaS company with ample opportunities for career growth. We are looking for hard-working, competitive and self-driven individuals who are looking for an opportunity to apply their skills to drive deep impact in our technical organization to create the best application environment.
You are someone who is excited by the prospect of growing a global team while managing an increasingly complex work program and simultaneously providing technical leadership and strategic direction for DevOps and Engineering as a whole.
How youll make Alyce amazing:
- Lead DevOps in the US
- Work with Engineering Leaders to design, develop and deploy our infrastructure as we add new products, features and services
- Configure and manage Linux-based tools
- Work with Alyce's platform (built in the cloud) -- GCP experience preferred, but AWS welcomed
- Champion best practices and standards within the team and in the broader technical organization
- Drive results in an environment that leverages modern application development (such as Docker, Kubernetes, PaaS and SaaS services)
- Work with the Product team to align the product roadmap with the plans for Alyce's platform infrastructure
- Work with team members to ensure the safety of Alyce's users' data as well as compliance with GDPR, PCI, etc.
- Make great technical decisions at a fast pace
How you will uplevel Alyce:
- Past experience working in a remote environment with off-shore teams
- You communicate clearly, enjoy learning, deploying and scaling new technologies and acting as proponent of automation/infrastructure as code
- Past experience or familiarity working with AI, Machine Learning, Big Data
- A desire to meet - if not exceed - measurable performance goals
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Natural curiosity and an aptitude for challenging the status quo to push yourself and those around you to be better
Our Tech Stack:
- Infrastructure: JIRA, GitLab, Kubernetes, Docker, GCP, AWS, Terraform, Helm
- Frontend: React, Redux, Typescript, styled, RxJS, Webpack, Yarn, Vue.js
- Backend: PHP, Go, Python, MySQL, MongoDB, Postgres, Laravel, Symfony
- QA/AT: Kotlin, Groovy
*Please note this role is US based and greater Boston, highly preferred. Alyce is currently operating remotely and this role will not be office-based in 2021.
We firmly believe our differences make us collectively better. Alyce is committed to building a team that is diverse in background and experience. Alyce recognizes Diversity as the presence of differences that may include race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, ethnicity, nationality, socioeconomic status, language, (dis)ability, age, religious commitment, or political perspective. Diversity also includes differences in principles, values, thoughts, and beliefs. Diversity of thought and experience are vital to building a personal Alyce experience, representative of the world in which we live.
Please do not let doubt get in the way of you applying for this position. If you can demonstrate the abilities listed above, we want to hear from you.