We are the Presto company. Starburst is on a mission to modernize data access & analytics. Our company was founded in an unusual way - with customers and revenue from the beginning. Our growth is already ahead of some of the most successful software start-ups, and we don’t plan on slowing down!
Our opportunity is huge: every large company in the world suffers from a data silo problem. Traditional data warehouse products approach the problem with old solutions that breed inefficiency and ultimately can’t help business analysts run fast analytics on all their data.
Starburst provides a modern solution that addresses these data silo & speed of access problems.
Starburst helps enterprises harness the value of open source Presto, the fastest distributed query engine available today, by adding the tools and 24x7 support that meet the needs for big data access at scale. Ultimately, Starburst helps organizations run analytics anywhere to make better business decisions.
Starburst is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our globally distributed engineering team. Our team features very strong software engineering talent, with years of core database engine and distributed systems development experience. As a DevOps Engineer, you’ll be designing and developing the infrastructure and software for Starburst products, including Starburst Presto, Starburst Mission Control, and our Starburst Presto cloud solutions on AWS, Azure, and GCP.
- Design and develop infrastructure and software for Starburst products.
- Implement core pieces of our AWS, Azure, and GCP infrastructure and customer solutions
- Contribute to development Starburst Presto on Kubernetes solution
- Develop testing infrastructure and testing across the various product integrations
- Write tests and contribute to ongoing automation infrastructure development
- Build support, training, and demo environments
- Run and analyze software performance metrics
- Implement performance test automation
- Collaborate with teams globally across multiple time zones and operate in an Agile development environment
- 5+ years experience as a Software Engineer or DevOps Engineer
- 5+ years working with Java
- 3+ years of Go
- 3+ years with hands on experience in Kubernetes, Docker brings bonus points
- Experience with AWS, Azure, and/or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience working on SaaS products or with Service Oriented Architectures
- Comfortable working with scripting languages
- Experience with Hadoop, Spark
- Experience with HashiCorp tools
- Experience with BigData processing tools / analytical engines
- Knowledge of the JVM ecosystem (running, debugging)
- Knowledge of distributed systems design, implementation and testing
- Knowledge of Database internals such as query optimization or query execution
Anywhere in the US
Headquartered in Boston MA, with an engineering team in Poland, we are committed to hiring where the talent is.
Starburst Data, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.