As a DevOps Engineer in the Architecture and DevOps team at Bullhorn, you will work closely with a team of engineers to build tooling and automations that greatly improve the effectiveness of our teams and the stability of our products. You will be creating everything from CI/CD pipelines to utilities that improve our system health and automate repetitive tasks.
We are looking for a passionate builder who is excited about improving the lives of our customers, our developers, and our operational teams.
Why this job is important
- This is one of the highest leverage positions available at Bullhorn. DevOps engineers are empowered to have an outsized impact on the organization.
- Bullhorn operates thousands of physical and virtual servers across dozens of physical and cloud environments. Improving the scalability and effectiveness of our teams is critical.
- DevOps tooling facilitates software releases, server patching, monitoring and alerting tools, incident response, and a variety of other critical business functions.
As a DevOps Engineer, a typical day might include:
- Building pipelines and tools to deploy Bullhorn software.
- Creating and improving monitoring and alerting tools to proactively address system issues.
- Collaborating with a team of engineers and architects to find ways to automate and improve various business processes.
- Creating tools to automate the deployment and configuration of virtual servers and new development environments.
- Busting through various barriers and impediments to the productivity of our teams with new automation and administrative tools.
This job might be for you if:
- Youve earned a Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, or are confident enough in your abilities to earn your place here.
- You have 3+ years of experience designing and building utilities that make software development and monitoring easier.
- You have proven experience building software with Python or Java
- You have experience in creating CI/CD pipelines for building software, running automated tests and deploying software.
- Youre comfortable working with Kubernetes, Docker, or similar container management solutions.
- You have experience working with AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud solutions.
- You have a high degree of knowledge around software development and operations, and are able to improve team effectiveness. (and youre comfortable collaborating with those engineers to learn more about how to help them)
- You are equally comfortable in both Linux and Windows environments.
- You have a solid base of knowledge in networking, storage, and virtualization technologies.
- Youre familiar with automation tools like Jenkins, Gitlab, etc.
- You have experience interacting with REST APIs
- You have a passion for continuous improvement and for finding better designs for software and data.
- Youre comfortable setting up and using performance monitoring and diagnostic tools (ELK, Prometheus, etc.)
Bonus points for:
- Experience using test automation tools like Selenium and Gatling
- Understanding of event-driven architectures leveraging Kafka, RabbitMQ or similar technologies
- Comfort interacting with J2EE, Angular, SQL Databases, and open source technologies
- Expertise in security solutions and best practices.
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies
At Bullhorn, we take our culture seriously and strive to ensure everyone has a sense of belonging, a voice that is heard, and a clear path for success. We are looking for leaders to help promote that mentality across the organization.
Our offices offer a casual, collaborative environment with weekly catered-in breakfasts and lunches along with monthly First Thursday social events. Bullhorn offers unlimited vacation, quarterly paid volunteer days through its philanthropic group Bullhorn Cares, and an open invitation to Bullhorn Allies groups, which celebrate diversity and inclusion for all employees.
You might be a fit for Bullhorn if:
- You are energetic and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- You are confident and love sharing success with your team
- You take ownership of your work and continuously strive for improvement