Who are we?
Ribbon is a first of its kind real estate technology company transforming the real estate transaction by delivering certainty, transparency and joy to the home buying process. Consumers and realtors deserve a better experience, and we have designed an open platform that welcomes everyone in the ecosystem to participate.
As members of the Ribbon team, we live out our mission every day through our core values:
Set New Standards. Our mission requires a new way forward. We start from first-principles to be different, creative and bold. Big or small, we create new norms.
Build Together. We are one team, one mission, creating vibrant communities of belonging. We unite in our passion and collaborate with optimism, integrity and trust.
Learn, Teach, Grow. In service of delivering a world class experience, we actively learn from our community, educate others, and celebrate the victories and struggles that come along the way.
We believe that software can be a driving force in making home ownership achievable, and we're looking to build a team of passionate and talented engineers to make that dream possible for more families. At Ribbon we place a strong emphasis on start-to-finish ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity.
How you'd be making home ownership achievable:
- This role has tremendous impact across many products at Ribbon that modernize the home buying process and make it fair for all
- Maintain and improve Ribbons ETL pipeline which supports everything we do - our consumer facing web application, product analytics, sales enablement, etc.
- Brainstorm and build out new data projects. We are just scratching the surface of how we can use data to help our customers. Whoever is in this role will have the freedom to explore new opportunities for the business.
Who you are:
- You are passionate about building robust and reliable data pipelines
- You value inclusivity and collaboration as much as writing good, clean code
- You make the effort to design and write code that is scalable, performant, and easy for your teammates to build upon and maintain
- You care about growing those around you
- You have made significant technological decisions and stuck around to deal with the consequences
Here are some of the tools you'd be using to help us build the future of real estate. If you've never used these specific tools before but are interested in working with them, please apply!
- Data: Scala, Spark, EMR, Kafka, Airflow, Yarn, Terraform Cloud, Snowflake, Athena, Redshift
- Ops: Docker, AWS, Postgres
What you will do:
- Ship code and help others build with velocity and quality
- Maintain and improve our ETL pipeline
- Identify new business opportunities within data engineering for the company
- Lead our data engineering function and build the team around you
- Bring at least 5 years of practical experience and extensive knowledge with data engineering to the team
What we offer:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible, unlimited vacation
- Fully paid parental leave
- Regular team lunches
- Health + wellness stipend
- Company-sponsored TalkSpace membership
- Commuter benefits
- FSA + HSA
- Learning + development stipend
- Meaningful equity in the company
Even if you dont meet all the requirements, we encourage you to apply! If youd be excited to show up for work each day, wed be excited to have you on our team.
Here at Ribbon were not scared of differences. Its how we break new ground. As we scale and we help families from every walk of life, the team we build must be reflective of the diversity that we serve. Together, weve built and will continue to grow, a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone has a seat at the table and the space to be their most authentic self. Ribbon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we support, celebrate, and cherish all the things that make our teammates who they are.