*Due to COVID-19 we are working 100% remotely, this includes the hiring process. When it is safe to do so, we will return to a hybrid of onsite and remote work for some positions.
This position is part of the Arcadia Data Engineering team, we are responsible for the onboarding, enhancement, and support of data feed integrations between Client Claim and Clinical data mgmt. platforms and our Healthcare Solution Platform. Our customers are top Healthcare providers and payers, and we help them integrate their internal systems with our analytic platform. The Data Engineering team is responsible for the data architecture that drives the partnership with customers and other internal organizations to drive success through adoption of cutting edge analytic solutions that leverage new age technologies and best practices. Our Data Engineers require both SQL Database knowledge and design , along with multiple programing languages .
As a Data Engineer, you will drive the successful development of solution architecture and the completion of data pipeline connectors that automate the flow of data between client Claim and Clinical data platforms and our analytic health solution platform. Your efforts will be critical to driving the long-term partnership between Arcadia and our customers.
What Success Looks Like:
In 3 months
Learn the different areas of the data connector life cycle, while having a working knowledge of the technical stacks , storage platforms , data models , and Dev. Cycle
Work within Data Engineering Scrum team
Set to work on new ingestion pipelines with full bandwidth available (as formal training will end)
In 6 months
Properly contribute to scrum ceremonies and ceremonies within the dev cycles while successfully updating status and progress in Jira
Work on higher level enhancement requests and ingestion pipelines
Ability to Deliver Data related Reviews to clients and other departments regarding code quality and test cases.
Set your own personal vision of development and career aspirations and set a working path forward with leadership to work on how we can help you attain those goals
In 12 months
Developing a range of data pipelines with varying complexity
Work with Product, Engineering or Implementation to build out tools for better data integration
Pick an SME (Subject Matter Expert) path for what excites you the most
Working on standardized data connector development
What You'll Be Doing
- Design and documentation of connectors / ingestion pipelines
- Build and Unit testing of delivery connectors / ingestion pipelines
- Support of our processes in partaking in peer code reviews , sprint planning , product grooming , maintaining Jira tasks and peer test reviews
- You will be expected to contribute to multiple implementations simultaneously, which will include both new customer setup as well as support and enhancements for existing customers.
- The expectations of the day to day of an engineer is as follows:
- Responsible for delivery of work on expected timelines.
- Able to identify risk to project success and communicate to leadership
- Works mostly independently on delivery w/decreasing involvement from engineering and more senior team members
- Consistently deliver increasing connectors of increasing quality with "lessons learned" incorporated into next project
- Able to apply critical thinking and problem solving skills to propose solutions for complex problems within day to day work
- Working and growing knowledge of new tech stack with less focus on finding efficiency in the technology and greater focus on understanding use of it.
- Developing ability to understand technical issues and communicate potential solutions to team members or engineering team
- Developing working knowledge of the business of healthcare data and how it interacts within the Arcadia products
- Understanding of shared value contracts that our customers are in and how data is impacted by them
- Developing knowledge of industry data expected values such as PMPM by LOBs, MM trends, etc.
- Developing internal and external professional communication skills including presentation of issues using appropriate industry vocabulary
- Responsible for contributing to the advancement of team processes and internal
Technical Domain Knowledge:
Business Domain Knowledge:
What Youll Bring
- Experience Level 2-5 years post-grad with relevant industry experience or graduate level Degree.
- As a data engineer you will be expected to problem solve some basic coding issues and enhancements with frameworks that are built in Spark Scala, while also leveraging technical skills to partake in idea sessions on process improvement and POC design of how to carry out a solution.
- SQL: 2-4 year (Preferred)
- Spark: 1-2 years (Preferred)
- NoSQL Databases: 1-2 years (Preferred)
- Database Architecture: 2-3 years (Preferred)
- Cloud Architecture: 1-2 years (Preferred)
- As a data engineer you will be expected to problem solve some basic data analysis issues and work the data to create analytic enhancements.
- Healthcare Data: 2-4 years (Preferred)
- Healthcare Analytics: 1-3 years (Preferred)
What You'll Get
- Chance to be surrounded by a team of extremely talented and dedicated individuals driven to succeed
- Be a part of a mission driven company that is transforming the healthcare industry by changing the way patients receive care
- A flexible, remote friendly company with personality and heart
- Employee driven programs and initiatives for personal and professional development
- Be a member of the Arcadian and Barkadian Community
Arcadia.io helps innovative healthcare systems and health plans around the country transform healthcare to reduce cost while improving patient health. We do this by aggregating massive amounts of clinical and claims data, applying algorithms to identify opportunities to provide better patient care, and making those opportunities actionable by physicians at the point of care in near-real time. We are passionate about helping our customers drive meaningful outcomes. We are growing fast and have emerged as the market leader in the highly competitive population health management software and value-based care services markets, and we have been recognized by industry analysts KLAS, IDC, Forrester and Chilmark for our leadership. For a better sense of our brand and products, please explore our website, our online resources, and our interactive Data Gallery.
This position is responsible for following all Security policies and procedures in order to protect all PHI under Arcadia's custodianship as well as Arcadia Intellectual Properties. For any security-specific roles, the responsibilities would be further defined by the hiring manager.