Want to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth? Financial inequality is increasing, and too many people are getting left behind. At Stash, we are passionate about democratizing wealth creation through education, advice, and products that help customers achieve greater financial freedom.
We are looking for entrepreneurs with specific talent in data science. The applicant should be super excited to own and contribute meaningfully to Stash as a whole. More specifically their day-to-day work will focus on creating the best possible user experience with regards to Stashs messaging streams. This includes push, email, text, and in-app messaging. It will involve modeling, personalization, triggered messaging and direct optimization. An applicant with a strong understanding of statistics, game theory, risk vs. reward tradeoffs and bayesian thinking may be more likely to succeed.
What youll do:
- Optimize performance for marketing messaging
- Frequency of messaging modeling and optimization
- Monitoring of user contact rates and performance
- Predicting best features / messaging to reach out to users with
- Helping personalize the marketing experience
- Supporting an analyzing product marketing with day to day needs
Who were looking for:
- MS in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Engineering
- 2+ years of professional programming work in Python, Scala, Java, or similar
- Experience with Pandas, R, or other statistical modeling frameworks
- An understanding of storing and querying data from Redshift, PostgreSQL, or similar database infrastructures
- Passion to use all aspects of data science, programming, and technology to build the financial advisor of the future
- Experience using machine learning to improve algorithmic systems
- Comfort with distributed computing, specifically Pyspark, AWS EMR, and Airflow
- Knowledge of Looker or similar front end analytics platforms
- Data Engineering and ETL experience is a big plus!
At Stash it is our mission to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth. That includes people of all races, genders, and abilities, so it is important to us to acknowledge and address the issues of inequality in financial services head on.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products. Our success is directly related to our employees and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.
If you require any reasonable accommodations to make your application process more accessible please reach out to [email protected].
Invest in Yourself:
- Equity & Stash Accounts [Invest, Retire, Custodial, Bank]
- Flexible PTO
- Learning & Development Fund
- Work from Home Space Stipends
- Parental Leave [Primary & Secondary]
- BuiltIns Best Places to Work (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product - Stock-Back Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
**No recruiters, please**