Customer Success Manager
At Skillsoft, we are all about making work matter. We believe every team member has the potential to be AMAZING. We are bold, sharp, driven and most of all, real. Join us in our quest to democratize learning and help individuals unleash their edge.
The Customer Success Manager (CSM) will clearly articulate and demonstrate learning methodologies and best practices to Skillsofts customer base and is expected to share experiences with the Customer Success organization.
The CSM partners with the Skillsoft sales and services team to drive impactful value and develop existing customer relationships to secure renewal and growth. They are the primary account owner and trusted advisor to customer stakeholders and project teams and are responsible for driving program improvement, success and value throughout the customer lifecycle. The CSM brings experience and knowledge in creating and driving impactful learning initiatives through the practice of Skillsofts strategic methodologies and emphasizes on program efficiencies, effectiveness and outcomes. This role involves consulting with many levels and focuses on program design tied to organizational imperatives and business goals; strategic alignment; adoption, end-user experience; marketing and communication strategy planning and value measurement.
Along with performing Core Customer Success Responsibilities, the CSM, will also be responsible for the following:
- Manages more complex and strategic accounts that include global, enterprise accounts, complex TPLMS deployments, program management and mutli-program owner
- Serves as a mentor within Skillsofts Customer Success organization to guide best practices to team members and new hirers
- Actively participates and contributes to key Customer Success organization projects that focus on operational and organizational effectiveness
- Utilizes experience and is recognized in the organization as a SME in one or more disciplines within talent and learning, or digital technology
- Frequently delivers presentations to organizational and client audiences including, Customer Success Global Meetings, Regional Meetings, Sales Conferences, Perspectives, etc.
Core Customer Success Responsibilities
- Accountable for enabling success throughout the customer lifecycle using Skillsoft consulting best practices and methodologies, to drive renewal and growth outcomes for designated customer accounts as assigned by the Manager, Customer Success.
- Responsible for overall management of relationships and projects and is the main point of contact for the account team and the customer. Establishes relationships with stakeholders and mobilizers across the customer organization and enlists and manages internal Skillsoft resources including Client Service Consultants, Services, Technical Resources, and others throughout the lifecycle as needed
- Responsible for planning and driving ongoing account strategy (including setting account goals and priorities)
- Conduct quarterly customer reviews of overall account health including benchmarking, adoption trends and best practices
- Achieve annual certification in the use of Skillsoft methodologies, models and tools used to drive customer success, renewals and growth
- Responsible for customer monthly license consumption reporting and quarterly data analysis providing solution findings and trends
- Responsible and accountable for the customer Account Health Record, keeping details current and meeting established goals
- Responsible for entering key customer activities into Salesforce on a regular basis
- Responsible for pursuing strategic alignment opportunities throughout the customer organization
- Responsible for vetting customer mapping requests to gain understanding of the initiative and deployment plan
- Responsible for performing end-user audits for each customer and providing recommendations for improving the overall end-user experience
- Maintain industry knowledge and trends via internal resources
- Collaborate regularly and share best practices and successes with team
- Engage the customers Learning and Talent Teams and other Key Organizational Stakeholders in ongoing expansion and refinement of the program strategy in order to achieve ongoing program success and value
- As a vital extension of the SkillSoft Sales and ServicesTeam, the CSM contributes to the achievement of revenue goals as a support resource for up-selling and renewal opportunities
- Participates on project teams that contribute to the overall Customer Success organization
- Direct customers to self-serve options provided in Skillsofts customer portal
- Participate in ongoing development in areas such as Skillsoft product knowledge; customer lifecycle management; various Skillsoft internal tools; and professional development (including business acumen; consultative skills; time-management; organization skills; project management, presentation skills, Excel and PowerPoint skills)
- Demonstrates expert knowledge in Skillsoft content, learning design and technology
- Channel technical issues to the appropriate resources and escalate custom satisfaction issues as needed
- Demonstrates proficiency in internal processes
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Possess 7+ years in the talent and learning or digital technology industry
- Demonstrated expertise in the talent and learning, or digital technology industry; proven ability to articulate its features and benefits to all levels of the business enterprise, including understanding of the customer's business drivers
- Superior knowledge of current IT and End User technology, Business Skills, Compliance and Competency Development with the ability to articulate their relevance to the organization's learning and development needs
- Strong knowledge of talent management and key organizational learning initiatives such as leadership development, management development and professional development
- Expert knowledge in competency framework, needs assessments and ability to advise clients on learning solutions based on Skillsofts content library
- Excellent consulting, listening and communication skills, evidenced by the ability to establish influential relationships with diverse customers, including business owners
- Superior customer service skills demonstrating responsiveness, positive attitude and professionalism
- Excellent facilitation skills for meetings and group activities, both virtual and live, demonstrating the ability to guide groups, listen and question effectively (includes corporate/executive briefings)
- Excellent presentation skills, both virtual and live, in large and small group settings and exceptional knowledge of Webex
- Excellent written communication skills, demonstrating the ability to write with purpose, clarity, and accuracy
- Effective project management and organizational skills specifically managing multi-solution, simple to complex, concurrent projects
- Excellent skills in critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making that balance analysis with responsiveness for independent, solution-focused action
- Strong self-directed work habits, exhibiting initiative, drive, creativity, maturity, self-assurance and professionalism
- Ability to easily adapt to change as it relates to customer strategy, internal/external relationships and organizational direction
- Leadership experience in mentoring and coaching others
- Excellent data analytical skills
- Excellent teamwork skills and ability to act as a strategic partner to the client and sales team
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills and proficient in Word and Outlook
- Customer Focused personally demonstrated that both external and internal customers are a high priority by identifying, and responding to their needs in a timely and efficient manner
- Initiative Recognizes opportunities and initiates actions to capitalize on them by looking for a new and productive ways to make an impact
- Innovative Thinking Embraces and champions new ideas and encourages others to do likewise
- Building Organizational Commitment Demonstrates commitment, loyalty and appreciation for the organization. Conveys a high-level of concern for all employees, while helping to ensure that both their needs and those of the organization are met
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
Personally Accountable for Team Success. We unleash our edge together.
Confident Achievers. We are bold.
Intellectually Curious. We are sharp.
Adaptable, Agile & Resilient. We are driven.
Customer First. We are real.
MORE ABOUT SKILLSOFT:
Skillsoft delivers online learning, training, and talent solutions to help organizations unleash their edge. Leveraging immersive, engaging content, Skillsoft enables organizations to unlock the potential in their best assets their people and build teams with the skills they need for success. Empowering 36 million learners and counting, Skillsoft democratizes learning through an intelligent learning experience and a customized, learner-centric approach to skills development with resources for Leadership Development, Business Skills, Technology & Development, Digital Transformation, and Compliance.
Skillsoft and SumTotal are partners to thousands of leading global organizations, including many Fortune 500 companies. The company features three award-winning systems that support learning, performance and success: Skillsoft learning content, the Percipio intelligent learning experience platform, and the SumTotal suite for Talent Development, which offers measurable impact across the entire employee lifecycle. Learn more at www.skillsoft.com.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we would love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.
Skillsoft is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer: It is the policy of Skillsoft Corporation to provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability (mental or physical), protected veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by law.