ChaosSearch is a Boston-based, venture-backed, cloud data search and analytics company. We are located across the street from TD Garden — a 2-minute walk from North Station and the Orange Line.
ChaosSearch is looking for organized and passionate individuals interested in furthering a career in customer success. We are experiencing tremendous growth from our unique data platform and we are looking for hard working, goal-driven candidates to help grow the business. The ChaosSearch CSE will drive customer success initiatives, keep the company focused on customer outcomes and play a central role in directing the future of the product. This role requires personal drive, tireless persistence, and business strategy expertise.
At ChaosSearch, the customer success engineer will understand customer outcomes through ongoing collection and analysis of data and feedback and turn this into onboarding and retention strategies as well as feed into the product road map. You will be involved in all aspects of support, account management, demonstrating the product, educating customers and more. All team members look to customer success for input across all key decisions.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for customers from onboarding to renewal, serving as the main customer champion and advocate within ChaosSearch.
- On-board new customers to the ChaosSearch platform, define and measure success goals with customers.
- Monitor customer usage to proactively assist customers and ensure that customers are obtaining the most value possible out of ChaosSearch.
- Train and mentor customers with new features as the platform expands.
- Participate in content creation and documentation efforts to help drive customer success and awareness using the ChaosSearch platform.
- Collaborate with sales, product, and engineering teams to drive customer feedback into the product development lifecycle serving as the voice of the customer.
- Collaborate closely with team members supporting renewals and expansion opportunities.
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering and Operations teams to improve how we build, deliver, monitor, and operate the Chaos platform.
- 3+ years in a customer facing role working with customers using web, email, chat, video and other tools to drive customer success overcoming technical challenges, with a preference for candidates with experience in SaaS companies.
- Experience with major CRM and success platforms (Zendesk, Salesforce, HubSpot, Gainsight, Jira, etc.)
- Exposure to and understanding of public cloud platforms AWS, GCP, Azure with strong focus on AWS and storage, data and analytics services.
- Strong understanding and experience with AWS with focus on object storage (S3) and security (IAM) and understanding of other AWS services and their logging features.
- Understanding and experience with logging and analytics solutions with a focus on the ELK stack and associated data shippers and application and container technologies. Experience with Sumologic, Splunk, Datadog, New Relic, and similar tools are all helpful.
- Understanding and experience solving problems with reporting and visualization tools like Kibana and Grafana.
- Understanding of Open Source principals and associated ecosystems (Linux, MySQL,Docker, Elasticsearch, Hadoop, Parquet, Airflow,Kafka,Talend etc.)
- Proficiency in at least one programming and/or scripting languages, Java/JDBC a plus.
- Ability to make use of, and help customers make use of REST API’s
- Proven track record of working in a customer facing role
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail is required
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Flexible team-oriented approach, able to operate effectively with uncertainty and change
- Driven, self-motivated, enthusiastic and with a “can do” attitude
- Knowledge and exposure to SQL and use with SQL/NoSQL databases a plus.
- Exposure to and understanding of BI tools like Looker,Tableau,Zeppelin also a plus
- Cloud, Security and other certifications are also a plus.
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Stock options
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Employees with a wide variety of interests
At ChaosSearch, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to create a better experience for everyone. However you identify and whatever background you bring, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come to work each day.