CreateMe is a research and development company at the intersection of automation, apparel, and customization driving on-demand manufacturing, at speed and scale. Were breaking down barriers through trailblazing, frictionless technology that provides an end-to-end solution that is set to revolutionize individualism.
Were based in New York Citys Soho neighborhood with a micro-factory in Brooklyn and a manufacturing R&D lab in San Francisco's Dogpatch neighborhood.
About the Role:
We are seeking a Controller to join our growing finance and accounting team. You will be responsible for the day-to-day accounting operations activities at CreateMe as well as managing and negotiating large capex purchases. As a Controller, you will be responsible for overseeing the month-end financial close process, accounts payable processing, accounts receivable processing, system implementations, and ad-hoc projects. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, analytical, detail-oriented, high integrity, and has demonstrated accounting leadership.
- Oversee and confirm all transactions in the accounting system
- Manage and negotiate terms of all vendor relationships
- Provide oversight to the accounting team, ensuring accounts payable, vendor, client, and other records are adequately maintained
- Lead the month-end and year-end close processes, including presenting results to the Executive Team
- Lead the state, local and federal tax processes
- Support system implementations, including the implementation of a new ERP system starting in Q4 2021
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting
- Must have CPA
- At least 8 years of accounting experience, including at least one previous role as a controller
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel and Word)
- Team player with the ability to work independently or as a part of a team
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong vendor negotiation experience
- Analytical with strong problem-solving skills and strong attention to detail
- Mix of big 4 accounting and in-house accounting experience a plus
- Manufacturing and/or apparel experience a plus
Working at CreateMe:
- Be rewarded for your innovation through our Inventor Award and Recognition program
- Save for the future with our 401(k) program + match
- Stay healthy and happy through our comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Take time away from the office through our Flexible Paid Time Off
- Be a part of a community and take part in our lunch'n learns and team outings
- Learn and grow through formal and informal learning opportunities
At CreateMe Technologies, we value diversity and treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.