Simon Data was founded in 2015 by a team of successful serial entrepreneurs. We are an enterprise customer data platform that empowers marketers to create personalized data-driven experiences for the customers. Were scrappy problem solvers who believe in tackling big challenges with disruptive thinking and giving our customers the support they need to deliver great next-generation experiences at scale.
Simon Data is a data-first customer experience orchestration platform, designed to disrupt the marketing technology and marketing cloud category. Simons platform empowers businesses to use enterprise-scale data and machine learning to power customer communications across every channel. Our unique approach allows brands to develop one-to-one relationships with their customers without building a bespoke in-house data infrastructure.
At Simon, we firmly believe that business success starts and ends with people. We all do our best work when we are surrounded by other friendly top performers who want to succeed together. This attitude is core to our values. When you trust your team, invest in their development, and give them ownership, great things happen.
With the recent growth of our marketing team and company expansion plans, content is essential to growing our customer base and establishing our place as a leader in the CDP space. We need someone who not only is passionate about writing, but can see the big picture and the role content plays in our marketing strategy.
The Content Marketing Manager will create content for web and landing pages, email marketing activities, as well supporting our blog, newsletter, SEO and social media efforts.
Reporting to the Director, Demand Generation, this role will help drive Simon Datas brand awareness and growth, through:
What Youll Do
- Writing content for a multitude of marketing channels including blog posts, email newsletters, social media, infographics, video, paid advertising, landing pages, speeches and presentations, and other assets.
- Working closely with the Demand Generation team on how best to recycle and optimize existing content for new outlets and create new content to support inbound and outbound programs that engage prospects, nurture existing leads and drive sales opportunities.
- Crafting email marketing programs to nurture demo conversion
- Ensuring that all content is optimized for conversion and showcases our brand in an innovative and breakthrough way
- Collaborating with our in-house designer to conceptualize and create engaging visuals for content
- Familiarity with inbound marketing strategies and the value of crafting great content and unforgettable B2B marketing experiences
- This isnt your first rodeo. Our ideal candidate has a relevant bachelors degree and 3+ years of demonstrated ability in a content or copywriting role - B2B / SaaS marketing experience is a major plus.
- You understand the role content marketing plays in B2B demand generation strategy and will use this to suggest campaign ideas, advise other team members on best practices, and improve our existing content strategy.
- You are equal parts strategic and creative. You know how to write to an audience of business decision makers, putting their needs first to drive brand awareness, brand preference, and conversion. You also know how SEO works and can create various types of content to support organic traffic.
- You are highly collaborative. You enjoy working on a distributed-but-connected team. You enjoy communicating openly, participatingand even leading-- brainstorming sessions, sourcing and sharing ideas with each other, and sharing war stories about what youve seen work (and what hasnt) in the past.
- You have a drive for execution. You love the feeling of checking things off your to do list. Getting it done is your workplace love language! You pride yourself on your resourcefulness, and your ability to work quickly and independently to execute tasks.
- Youre self-disciplined and deadline driven. You have excellent time and project management skills. Youre able to set and handle deadlines on your own, and balance multiple projects at once.
- You despise boring, bland, buzzword-y copy. Youre highly creative. Your portfolio demonstrates your ability to break through the noise to build attention-grabbing, valuable, and conversion-worthy marketing content.
- Youre really good at communicating complex topics using simple terms. You believe that good content should communicate using an eighth grade reading level. The content you build has a strong voice, a differentiated point of view and is enjoyable to read.
- You have a strong attention to detail and outstanding command of the English language.
- You dig both marketing and technology ! You follow the latest B2B and B2C marketing trends and love the idea of marketing to marketers and uncovering how tech solutions can really help people. And if youre not already a professional in the CDP space, youre at least excited to learn about it.
- You get us and where were at in our growth. Prior experience in a high-growth start up will be very helpful. We want someone who will be excited to play a major role in creating scalable marketing experiences and launching campaigns that further our growth.
- A solid understanding of the CDP or MarTech space
- First-hand experience working in Wordpress, Hubspot, Asana, G Suite
- Experience interviewing SMEs and conducting primary research to advise content
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.