All roles listed as remote are available as remote within the same country.
Location: Boston, or US Remote
Snyks mission is to build security into development - the only way security can scale.
The Content Marketing team plays a role in driving content clarity, consistency, and strategy. This means working with various teams within Snyk to create and refine content that meets messaging goals and adheres to the Snyk style. It also means taking a broad view of content to find gaps and duplication, increasing content impact.
Were looking for an experienced and passionate writer to help the Marketing team drive awareness and adoption of DevSecOps practices and Snyks products. You will play an important role in our emerging content engine, creating and editing unique and compelling stories via blog posts, Q&As, videos, web copy, and more. The goal of the content will be to educate, empower, and encourage developers to understand the DevSecOps approach; provide guidance on how to build secure code; and motivate developers and DevOps teams to own application security across the cloud native stack.
As a Content Marketing Writer/Editor at Snyk:
You will create and edit engaging content that delivers on a content plan youve helped define.
Youll spend your time:
- creating and editing content in a variety of different media, such as blog posts, social copy, videos, cheatsheets, whitepapers, webpages and more, particularly around developer security topics and best practices.
- providing editorial support to content creators to help them shape their content, focusing on overall writing quality, flow, brand voice, and clarity.
- helping maintain the blog, including writing and editing, staging and publishing, curation and cadence, analytics and metrics.
- tracking content analytics and engagement metrics.
- maintaining, enforcing (in a friendly, supportive way), and promoting the style guide.
- delivering training and creating educational material to help other content creators.
- creating, enhancing, and documenting new processes to make the content machine run more efficiently.
- working with Design, Web, Social, and other creative teams to deliver content.
- working closely together with our partners, customers, external advocates, internal development, product, marketing teams, and any other team that creates content.
You should apply if you:
- can write and edit engaging, content for developers and other practitioners.
- have the ability to learn about complex technical topics and explain them clearly.
- have experience reviewing and editing other peoples writing and providing constructive, collaborative, supportive feedback that stokes future interest in writing.
- pride yourself on the quality and accessibility of your writing.
- are detail and process oriented (bonus if you daydream about processes and documentation).
Wed especially love to hear from you if you have:
- 2+ years experience writing or editing technical marketing content
- experience running a blog (bonus points for a technical blog)
- experience with developer, DevOps, DevSecOps, or security content creation.
- experience with SaaS/cloud native content.
- knowledge of SEO, HTML, and WordPress.
- familiarity with the Chicago Manual of Style and experience working with and/or maintaining writing style guides.
- proficiency with Google Analytics and/or BI tools.
- experience editing non-native English speaking authors.
Please apply below. In your cover letter, please include a 250 word describing what you think Snyk does. We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment weve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether youre the right person, do apply anyway :)
Were on a mission to make the world a safer place with more secure software.
Were living in a world of digital transformation. Cyber security is taking centre stage for many companies, and the demand for Snyks product is sky-rocketing!
Snyk has been adopted by over 2.2M developers who use Snyk to find and fix vulnerabilities in their open source libraries and container images, empowering them to develop secure software, faster.
In March of 2021, we raised $300M in Series E funding, bringing our company valuation to $4.7 billion, after recently securing an additional $200M in Series D funding in September 2020, and successfully closing two strategic acquisitions with DeepCode & Manifold. On top of that, we have doubled the size of our global team, and were not stopping there!
We believe open source software is a force for good, and were building Snyk to make it easier for developers who arent security experts to stay secure. Join us!