What we're building
At Tidelift, we help organizations effectively manage the open source behind modern applications. Through the Tidelift Subscription, we deliver a comprehensive management solution, including the tools to create customizable catalogs of known-good, proactively maintained components backed by Tidelift and its open source maintainer partners.
Technical Program Lead
Were looking for someone to lead the technical work Tidelift does with open source maintainers. This will include creation and management of our new catalogs, collections of open source software that we work with maintainers to support for our customers. It may also include working with maintainers to develop and maintain tools for resolving customer problems around security and licensing. The ideal candidate is someone who enjoys discovering ambiguous problems and working with communities to solve them. Youll also play a key role in shaping our maintainer-facing products and processes as we grow.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with maintainers to build and maintain catalogs and other maintainer-related tools and software
- Working closely with Product to deliver recommendations and insights for key stakeholders to help shape solutions and product direction
- Building and executing processes to support catalog creation and management efforts
- Partner with our marketing team to help position and market Tidelift-managed catalogs
- Be an active community builder and promote awareness, education, networking, and growth.
Your skills and experience
Your current role may be in any of a variety of places: developer relations, sales, or as a developer who is deeply involved in open communities. The common thread is that youre excited about developers and open source, and can channel that energy into communication and persuasion at scale.
Skills that you could bring to the table, or should be excited to learn:
- Understanding of the software development life-cycle and the day-to-day job of a software developer
- Familiarity with developer tools ecosystem and open source
- Ability to quickly understand complex, interdependent technical requirements
- Experience building and growing communities
Being an active or former open source contributor is a plus but definitely not a requirement we believe open source should be accessible to anyone, and that includes our new hires. With our small team well need you to be self-directed, but we also expect that youll grow into and help further define this role.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Tidelift is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
Our team and our values
Were trying to build a healthy, values-driven culture. We want to be:
- Optimistic: We see an amazing future ahead, and want to inspire others to share in it. This is both internalbuilding each other up and looking for the best in peopleand externalwe know open source is awesome, and we want to make it even better.
- Practical: We know words and ideas alone wont change lives. We help people most by creating a pragmatic, viable, and sustainable business that works for everyone. So we care about usability, design, and honest assessment of costs and benefits.
- Additive: We want an environment that encourages and inspires growth, both for individuals and for the open source community as a whole. That means embracing a growth mindset, and valuing culture add over culture fit.
- Inclusive: We believe technology will be stronger when it better reflects the voices and ideas of society as a whole. So we want people from different backgrounds and experiences to not just be represented, but to be heard, valued, and flourish. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
In this role, you would have the option to work remotely anywhere in the US.
We believe in the urgency of our mission and the importance of doing good work, but also know this is a marathon and not a sprint. Hours can be flexible within reason if necessary to meet personal needs (like child, medical, or elder care).
Compensation, benefits and career
Compensation is competitive with other Boston-area startups, including health insurance, flexible vacation, 401(k), short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending, parental leave, work from home stipend and equity.
We invest in every employees growth, and support professional development ($5K annually) that aligns with your goals and how you learn best.
How to apply
Fill out the form below. We'd love it if you add a thoughtful note about your goals and your background. Well get back to you promptly!